Funny pic

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Question ... What martial art did Moses and the other authors of the bible study? (not meant to be offensive... :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• $IoaffX.jpg
    $IoaffX.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 278

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK, that is funny. I'm just glad you didn't find a picture of a Brizilian Jew Jitsu. :)

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lfao:

You have to wonder why a Hasid (a very Orthodox Jewish sect) was in that position where his picture could be taken in the first place!

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
Question ... What martial art did Moses and the other authors of the bible study? (not meant to be offensive... :rolleyes: )

In this day and age, at least since Moses parted the waters with his chi (try THAT, George Dillman...), I think the "Jew Jitsu" from your picture is now called Krav Maga....

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kacey, you'd be surprised. An awful lot of religious Jew are interested in martial arts and self defense. Some time Real Soon Now(tm) I'm going to be putting together a self defense class for the local Chassidic women and maybe a martial arts program for the community at large.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kacey, you'd be surprised. An awful lot of religious Jew are interested in martial arts and self defense. Some time Real Soon Now(tm) I'm going to be putting together a self defense class for the local Chassidic women and maybe a martial arts program for the community at large.

Well, that's just great! Best wishes for that, tellner!

I liked that picture. Too funny!

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I sent it to a friend of mine who's jewish. His response? "It's all part of the circumcision ceremony." :D

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's why I ended up in Silat. All those emergency field circumcisions made the knife and machete work a natural :)

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
It turns out that he really is a Chassid and really is a martial artist and head of a system he put together called Abir Warrior Arts. Looks like something vaguely Chinese with Aikido sprinkled on top.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Actually, I wouldn't; I've had religious Jews (some Chassidic, some not) in my class off and on (being Jewish myself, they know I will understand things they have to explain to most others, like having fringes hang out of their pants) - but they mostly dressed appropriately for class, with the addition of a kippah (no one else is allowed to wear hats in class). I've just never had one that posed like that while dressed that way - but the Chassidic community is a pretty small subset of the Orthodox community in Denver.

Latest Discussions