fun & intersting

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be intersting (especially if the senior ken'mpo master joined in) and informative if we ken/mpo people designed each of us 3 techniques, post them on youtube or just here and discuss. I have one that is near ready so far. If others are game this could help us all, get better and understand our kem/npo better. Anyone intersted?...Doc is going to murder me for this isn't he...

Respectfully,
Marlon

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I dont understand what you are saying. That we should make up our own 3 techniques? or do 3 tech. from our system?

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
And 3 techs demonstrating what concepts, principles, skills, undersandings, against what type of attacks?

I mean...we could do lazy man defenses against a gnat attempting to land on my slice of Pizza, requiring that the defense demonstrate a working knowledge of positive posture, and establishing a stable foundation prior to launching a counter-attack. More clarity, por favore'.

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be intersting (especially if the senior ken'mpo master joined in) and informative if we ken/mpo people designed each of us 3 techniques, post them on youtube or just here and discuss. I have one that is near ready so far. If others are game this could help us all, get better and understand our kem/npo better. Anyone intersted?...Doc is going to murder me for this isn't he...

Respectfully,
Marlon

I think what he's saying (at least this is how I interpret the question) is that we:

Set a parameter for attack, pick principle(s) for defense.
Design a technique created to represent certain principles.
Demonstrate said technique. Discuss clarifying how you demonstrated the principles.

I like it!

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
And 3 techs demonstrating what concepts, principles, skills, undersandings, against what type of attacks?

I mean...we could do lazy man defenses against a gnat attempting to land on my slice of Pizza, requiring that the defense demonstrate a working knowledge of positive posture, and establishing a stable foundation prior to launching a counter-attack. More clarity, por favore'.
Dave,
A man could learn a lot from the full evaluation of positive posture and stable faudation in the defense of pizza.

I'm looking forward to your discourse on this subject.

Jeff

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dave,
A man could learn a lot from the full evaluation of positive posture and stable faudation in the defense of pizza.

I'm looking forward to your discourse on this subject.

Jeff

More importantly, I don't want to spill my beverage.:ultracool

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well it is up...it is amazing to see my belly on film. I have let work and fatigue make me fat. so my apologies and i am working on it now. also, i have a new camera and i messed up a bit so the 1st technique is in 2 parts.t the other two in the next little while and i hope to see other share some of thier creativity and knowledge as well. So have fun trear into it as much as you like. i am here to learn not protect my ego

Respectfully,
marlon

Last edited by a moderator:

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well it is up...it is amazing to see my belly on film. I have let work and fatigue make me fat. so my apologies and i am working on it now. also, i have a new camera and i messed up a bit so the 1st technique is in 2 parts.t the other two in the next little while and i hope to see other share some of thier creativity and knowledge as well. So have fun trear into it as much as you like. i am here to learn not protect my ego

Respectfully,
marlon

Nice! Thanks for the vid's, very interesting.

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks to Justin R here it is in one vid

don't be shy criticize mine and create your own. I would love to see your kempo/ kenpo

marlon

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Respectfully,
Marlon

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol, even if I wanted to criticize I really can't come up with anything at the moment.

But I would like to add, in the 1st vid how would you employ all the techniques demonstrated in a real life situation? I know that's kind of vague, but do you train those techniques based on sensitivity to the opponents energy? Or in those regards how would you make those multiple techniques come to life?

Or is it just a demo and you would react with what comes out instinctively?

But again kudo's on the vids.

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol, even if I wanted to criticize I really can't come up with anything at the moment.

But I would like to add, in the 1st vid how would you employ all the techniques demonstrated in a real life situation? I know that's kind of vague, but do you train those techniques based on sensitivity to the opponents energy? Or in those regards how would you make those multiple techniques come to life?

training sensitivity takes time so at first we train good habits and logical flow. The technique is designed to maintain contact ( physical and energetic) so that you can work through the multiple strikes yet the goal is not to finish the technique. The technique contains ideas that need to become natural and as close to instinctive as possible like a form. However the first 2 to 3 moves should end the conflict when done properly. This is why we also need to tran any technique outside of the ideal phase with an attacker that will suprise you with thier attacks and not stop until you make them. And so we do, themore junior student simply react and with more practice in these reaction type practice you become able to use the techniques as taught. In between the principles taught by the forms and techniques and the correction from the instructor ( thanks Shihan!) comes in to play outside of the technique
hope this is clear. Thanks for the question

respectfully,
Marlon

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Marlon, this is a great idea especially with parameters or concept. I'd be especially interested in how others deal with Kempos/Combinations/etc. against kicks.

Bryan
Blog http://www.goldenleopard.info
Web http://www.goldenleopard.org

After I have them all up. We can look at them against varying attacks including kicks. Thanks Sifu Bry. Btw I enjoy your blog. I do not have the time to read them everyday so I save them and read them about once a week or every two weeks. Good stuff but too much for me to keep up right now

respectfully,
Marlon

sifubry

White Belt
Reaction score
After I have them all up. We can look at them against varying attacks including kicks. Thanks Sifu Bry. Btw I enjoy your blog. I do not have the time to read them everyday so I save them and read them about once a week or every two weeks. Good stuff but too much for me to keep up right now

Don't feel obligated to read the whole thing in one sitting or even daily. Stroll into it occasionally and read it when you can. I'm working on getting the camera and computer working so I can film a few techniques myself.

I think I owe Matt a few techniques for his archive like Tiger and Palm blocking. I'd like to put up a few kempo vs kicks too.

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
so, i left out wieght distribution on the vid. for the first two strikes (block strike) the push to direct the power comes from the lt leg, then with the inverted ridge the right leg then for the leopard paw to the plexus use the lt leg then the rt leg for the reverse knife and the lt leg for the elbow. the breathing signature i use is on the wieght shift

any thoughts are welcome

Marlon

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm working on getting the camera and computer working so I can film a few techniques myself.

I think I owe Matt a few techniques for his archive like Tiger and Palm blocking. I'd like to put up a few kempo vs kicks too.

that would be great!! i love forward to seeing them

marlon

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
training sensitivity takes time so at first we train good habits and logical flow. The technique is designed to maintain contact ( physical and energetic) so that you can work through the multiple strikes yet the goal is not to finish the technique. The technique contains ideas that need to become natural and as close to instinctive as possible like a form. However the first 2 to 3 moves should end the conflict when done properly. This is why we also need to tran any technique outside of the ideal phase with an attacker that will suprise you with thier attacks and not stop until you make them. And so we do, themore junior student simply react and with more practice in these reaction type practice you become able to use the techniques as taught. In between the principles taught by the forms and techniques and the correction from the instructor ( thanks Shihan!) comes in to play outside of the technique
hope this is clear. Thanks for the question

respectfully,
Marlon

Great! Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the reply.

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
so here is the link for the last two

the first technique rt leg steps to 1:30 with a lt then rt outward long range / dragon block. then pivot on the rt leg into a cat stance facing 9:00 with a lt palm to the temple and a right simultaneous palm to the jaw = neck crank rt inverted hammer to the plexus then the lt leg steps back into a dragon or twist stance (depending on the depth of your wieght drop pivot ccw with a rt elbow to the occiput continue the motion into a lt elbow into the kidney. the left arm continues in the same direction as you step into a horse stance behind the attacker. the lt arm rises into a ridge hand strike under the jaw then rt pheonix strike (also called a dragon's head strike) into the rt kidney. left knee into the spleen and rt palm to the temple as you step down the rt leg steps cw 90 degrees with double palms a la 10 point blocking. cross and cover

next technique on the vid.
shift rt into a cat stance facing 10:00 with a lt parry then a rt dropping palm block. lt leg steps to 10:00 with a rt tiger mouth strike to the throat. lt rising palm to the chin as you retract the rt arm. lt inverted hammer to the plexus. circle the lt arm ccw into a lt dropping hammer to the arm. follow with a rt driving forearm to the neck grabbing the neck afterwards. lt pheonix strike to the lt kidney and then lt dragon stomp to the back of the lt knee = takedown. lt cross / inverted hammer to the head as the attacker falls then rt thrust punch to the ribs. cross and cover.

have i used skk principles in these techniques? are they valid or crap?
i await your comments
and hopefully your own fun and interesting techniques that you create

Respectfully...not a master

Marlon

Latest Discussions