Found this while cruising the information highway

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No, wait, don't tell me. I've looked at the OP's link now. It's a dude, right?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay, leaving off the more "personal" aspects (you've seen the reciept, have you Cryo?), Christa's history is basically as follows.

She trained for a short time in the Bujinkan, as well as with Toshindo, achieving low Dan grades in each. So there's a small degree of legitimacy there. However she then came back and claimed to have been taught Tomo Ryu Ninjutsu with no evidence to back it up, and created her own Budo Ryu (and isn't that an odd name for a Japanese martial art? "Martial Art Style" martial art? Really, if that isn't a warning sign, people aren't paying enough attention....) out of her legit training, the "Tomo Ryu" she "inheritted", some MJER Iai that seems to have been learnt from videos, and one or two other things.

There have been a few rather odd things as well, for example Christa claims "Menkyo Kaiden" in Tomo Ryu, and under that authority has certified at least one person as "Soke" of their own system as well (?). While the training seems popular, as it incorporates a lot of the fantasy that some people are looking for, it fails on the counts of authenticity as well as other vital aspects. Not recommended.

Oh, and if you want to read about that licencing of a different system, here you go!

http://martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74441 - check page three for details.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even I've heard of this lot! It turned up on an MMA forum some while back. :)

Latest Discussions