forms of the AMID system

copperscorpion

White Belt
Reaction score
for those interested in the forms taught by Master Robert R Rapue.
i became a student of Robert's in 1986. i recieved my brown belt degree on feb 1986 from one of his blackbelt instructors and was intruduced to robert a few weeks later. we were taught from the begging: Heian Shodan, Heian Nidan, Heian Sandan, Heian Yodan, Heian Godan and low HI (japanese forms) the Chinese forms are Hung Chow, Sei Yang Do, Pie Yang Do, Sie Ying Do, Pie Ying Do, most advanced Que Nan Ni. we were taught under the School name : Society of the Red Dragon. my school "twin Dragons"competed in kata forms in and around Denver and we never saw other people compete with the form Hung Chow. needless to saw we brought back many first and second place trophies with this form. i do know that when we asked people at the tournaments about Robert we were kind of pushed to the side, you know what i mean. i thought it was the fact we were from a small town in wyoming. you know, big boys in the big town of Denver and all. i won't get into that. well just this, i trained in Japan. i know what a city is and isn't sorry denver. back to my teacher and friend. on the 15th of Feb 1992 i recieved my 5th degree black belt rank from Robert sensai, Never called him Bob, that one is new to me.i will always hold my friendship with my instructors dearly. in memory of
Robert R Rapue and Ron Alo, may they rest in peace.
i hope this helps.
daniel burke,,
Twin Dragons Karate Kenpo Schools

Latest Discussions