Force Flow skill transmission

OP
Wing Chun Auckland

Wing Chun Auckland

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know a lot has been said, but something like this 'force flow' will not just be an application of bouncing people back. It will be in every technique. It is a type of engine. So the result in sparing or fighting may not only be just that you control balance it maybe:
1. Increased knock out power
2. Clinch control
3. Clinch control / pressure against the cage
4. Throwing
5. Slight off balancing forward or back to set up a big hit.
6. Stronger less movable arm structures (it's scarey when you spar or roll with someone who has this)

It will be doing all the same things as a regular fighter, but with a more solid base and foundation of balance and power behind it.

Reactions: KPM
OP
Wing Chun Auckland

Wing Chun Auckland

Green Belt
Reaction score
As far as clinch control against the cage goes, there is an excellent video of one of his female fighters, absolutely dominating her opponent in the cage. So this there is a real science of body control here. To keep someone pressed up against the cage like that and be able to hit her without getting many hits returned means she is pressing her weight into the opponent in a specific way probably using the ground as support. I would imagine she would also be using much less energy to do that. This is a real application of wing chun in motion cause the opponent is tied up and can't hit back effectively.

Reactions: KPM

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As far as clinch control against the cage goes, there is an excellent video of one of his female fighters, absolutely dominating her opponent in the cage. So this there is a real science of body control here. To keep someone pressed up against the cage like that and be able to hit her without getting many hits returned means she is pressing her weight into the opponent in a specific way probably using the ground as support. I would imagine she would also be using much less energy to do that. This is a real application of wing chun in motion cause the opponent is tied up and can't hit back effectively.

There is a physical position that does that.

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Do you have a link to the video?

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am interested in where this 'force flow' comes from.

First, let me just say that I think the skill itself is valid as evidenced by Alan Orr's and Sergio's demos of being able to effectively control people's balance. As an internal martial art enthusiast, I think this is an important and fascinating skill.

I have tried reading through posts from this forum to understand its origins better, but I have gotten lost in the fighting and details.

All of the force flow skills sets seem to be sourced from Hendrik. (Let's not discuss his character at all to avoid argument). I just want to know facts.

Where did HS learn the force flow skill set?

a) Was it learned directly from his teacher? (If so where can we see other people with this skill (ie people that he didn't teach)? E.g. his teacher, older/younger kung fu brothers/sisters who learned from his teacher). Do you know what I mean?

b) Or, did he piece together these skill sets himself (and bring life to them) based on all of his research and making connections with other arts? I understand that the concept and terminology (as well as a manual of how to do it) of 'force flow' already existed as outlined in Kuen Kuits etc. Has he taken it upon himself to bring this back into wing chun.

Is it A or B?

B.

Latest Discussions