For those of you who are upset about the Zimmerman verdict, here is a survey th

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was hoping to see results at the end that was a bummer

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didn't take it, but read it. It seems to be suggesting or guiding an opinion rather more than seeking one.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were some facts I didn't know, like question 17 where Martin had been suspended for hitting someone...

17.Were you aware of the fact that Trayvon was previously suspended from school for hitting someone?

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/trayvon-martin-cellphone-photos-school-records-rel/nXz36/

And the photo in question 12 just never seemed to get any air time on any of the cable or regular news outlets... at all...ever...

12.This is a photo of Trayvon from the surveillance camera at the 7-Eleven a few minutes before he was killed. Did you ever see this photo?

trayvon9_340.jpg

And although you do here people say there were "some," break ins in the neighborhood...you are never made aware of what "Some," actually means...

38.Did you ever hear any of the following facts?

• Residents in the said gated community said there had been dozens of reports of attempted break-ins and would-be burglars casing homes
  • 7 months before the incident a black teenager stole a bicycle off the Zimmermans' porch
  • 5 months before the Trayvon incident two young black men broke into the house of Olivia Bertalan, Zimmerman's neighbor, while she was in the house. She hid upstairs and called the police while the two men tried to steal her TV. When the police arrived, they fled. One of them ran through the Zimmermans' yard.
  • The next month, because of all the burglaries, several residents of the neighborhood asked the neighborhood association to create a neighborhood watch and Zimmerman was asked to run it.
  • The next month, two more houses in the neighborhood were robbed.
  • 3 weeks before the incident, Zimmerman spotted a young black man looking into the windows of a neighbor's house. He called the police and said "I don't know what he's doing. I don't want to approach him, personally." By the time the police finally arrived, the man was gone.
  • 4 days later another house was burglarized. Witnesses said two of the robbers were black teenagers. One of them was soon caught with a laptop stolen from the house. He turned out to be the same man Zimmerman had previously reported looking in windows.
  • Zimmerman's black neighbor was quoted as saying "Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK? There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood. That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."
  • Most of the perpetrators of the prior burglaries and thefts were apparently never caught. (All sources we could find only mention one being caught.)
[/QUOTE]

Good find Makalakumu...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't take it, but read it. It seems to be suggesting or guiding an opinion rather more than seeking one.

I think what they are trying to do is point out how few facts of the case are known by people protesting the shooting of Martin, and then the jury trial. By the shooting of Martin, let me be clear (as our President is fond of saying) I mean the history of Martin and Zimmerman as opposed to what the press has put forward and concealed about the two men...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
..and of course what the jury was told, which omitted many facts (including many that would have been unfavorable to TM).

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was hoping to see results at the end that was a bummer

I was hoping to see the results as well. Hopefully, they get published somewhere, because I'd like to see how the answers correlate with the places where people get their information.

This whole case is so interesting, because the MSM has just been caught red handed in manipulating facts, lying, and creating an anti-gun/anti-self defense/racism story from an obvious case of self defense. When you look at all of the facts, it is clear that the MSM is manipulating public opinion for some political end. I have no idea why they would go to such great lengths to do this. There are plenty of cases of real racism in the US.

It's just astounding at how brazen this was. It's also something that I think should put martial artists on alert everywhere, because it's clear that our right to use force in self defense is under attack.

Latest Discussions