Senior Master
Reaction score
For all the D&D geeks past and present.

[yt]fiTEHqAeanw[/yt]

[yt]EwtH5oQqHPg[/yt]

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
These are terrific. I particularly like the dude playing as a girl, but he keeps forgetting.

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
One of my classmates (and best friends) is a published author for one of the 4e rulebooks (among other RPG products). We're both DMing our own games that run on alternate weeks.

I'm a proud geek :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Funny how the terminology changes... when I played it I was known as a NERD! Now it's geeks eh?

I remember my character ended up being something like a level 26 Paladin. Ah well the good-ole days.
Interesting however that WOW, Diablo and several others had spawned from this game. Surely everyone remembers Gauntlet?

Good memories.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
One of my classmates (and best friends) is a published author for one of the 4e rulebooks (among other RPG products). We're both DMing our own games that run on alternate weeks.

I'm a proud geek :)

Dude. 3rd edition and the d20 rulesets are elegant and balanced. 4e is a money grab. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Funny how the terminology changes... when I played it I was known as a NERD! Now it's geeks eh?

I remember my character ended up being something like a level 26 Paladin. Ah well the good-ole days.
Interesting however that WOW, Diablo and several others had spawned from this game. Surely everyone remembers Gauntlet?

Good memories.
My wife told me that the difference between a geek an a nerd is that the geek is self aware.

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dude. 3rd edition and the d20 rulesets are elegant and balanced. 4e is a money grab. :)

Lots of people play 3.5 still. I think 4e is more interesting and faster to play. Little bit more book keeping though.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had some good times with D&D. I prefer PC games now, though. (My imagination isn't high-def ;))

I just wish MMORPGs were populated with people who play in character rather than just driving their "toons" around like avatars of their selves.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My husband and I recently watched the 2nd movie Dorkness Rising a few weeks back on Netflix. We laughed through the whole thing.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's funny, I have seen both of those films. Good stuff. I recently picked up a new hobby, and that is building wargaming terrain out of Art Stone. Got Rubber molds that make blocks, you glue the blocks together and make whatever you can imagine. I don't play D&D, (except Neverwinter on the PC) but I did build a D&D dungeon that I put up for sale on Ebay... here's a few pics of it.

IMGA0478.JPG

IMGA0487.JPG

IMGA0479.jpg

All my pics of it for my auction are here:

http://user.mc.net/~tknopnk/ebay/

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thats petty damn cool Cryo. How are they selling?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thats petty damn cool Cryo. How are they selling?

Dunno... thats my first set and it was just listed tonite... we'll see.

What can I say... I'm a geek at heart, even if I don't play anymore.

Latest Discussions