foolish stance

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hi
when ur about to fight with someone
you go "whoo", "waaa", and something like "wataaaa"...
which stance do you use before you engage?
and what is the proper sound associated with it?

p.s. try to be funny :)

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually mine has a barely audible "click click" as I assume a Modified Weaver stance & pull the hammer back on my Sig... :mp5:

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I look around with a dumb look on my face and ask, "what's going on here?"

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Crane stance (Karate Kid version) is my personal favorite :D

Either that or a flying leaping rolling mess that involves yelling "Drunken monkey!"

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mantis said:
hi

I tend to do a highly modified Drunken Master and then go 'Muad'Dib!' [attack] then, almost to myself, I say, 'my name is a killing word'.

Mostly, fighting the advanced belts, I just fall down and say, 'Turtle-do'.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
mantis said:
hi

Oooo, a good whooo or waaaaaa demands a couple really fast flowering hand techniques, using say... crane beaks or something followed by a ridiculously low fighting stance.

I would reccomend for full effect to follow up with some tough sounding phrase like "Let's see how you stand up to my Eagle's claw!!" or the obligatory "You killed my master!!!" Use your own or take one from your favorite movie!

Then naturally, you must turn your forward guarding hand and wave towards yourself with your fingers and give them the c'mere sign.

I watch too many kf movies. :rolleyes:

jonah2

Green Belt
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
I watch too many kf movies. :rolleyes:
Of course the lips should move independantly of the words comming out in traditional dub fashion.

What about the obligatory wipe of the nostral with the thumb followed by a lift of the trousers of the front leg in true bruce lee style!!

Oh thats true bad **** stance that is.

jonah

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
I would reccomend for full effect to follow up with some tough sounding phrase like "Let's see how you stand up to my Eagle's claw!!" or the obligatory "You killed my master!!!" Use your own or take one from your favorite movie!

Then naturally, you must turn your forward guarding hand and wave towards yourself with your fingers and give them the c'mere sign.
Classic! :rofl:
jonah2 said:
Of course the lips should move independantly of the words comming out in traditional dub fashion.

What about the obligatory wipe of the nostril with the thumb followed by a lift of the trousers of the front leg in true Bruce Lee style!!
I think we've all seen too many Kung Fu movies! :roflmao:

OP
mantis

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lol
i guess i really need to copy jackie chan's accent to be in a good stance!

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If someone faced me with one of these rediculous stances, i would just tell 'em "well, I wouldn't even notice, 'cause I'd be too busy lookin' good"

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
If someone faced me with one of these rediculous stances, i would just tell 'em "well, I wouldn't even notice, 'cause I'd be too busy lookin' good"
Ah, a classic!

OP
mantis

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
hello brandon lee

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
jonah2 said:
Along with some voice that totally doesn't fit the person or sometimes followed by a high pitched "ooooh weee-ooooh-weee-oooh" (the Kung-Pow girl)

jonah2 said:
What about the obligatory wipe of the nostril with the thumb followed by a lift of the trousers of the front leg in true bruce lee style!!
Oh thats true bad **** stance that is.
jonah

Yes that's my traditonal stance until the opponent (aka "the guy who's going to beat my **** into next week because I was stupid enough to even think of pissing him off enough to warrant the title 'my asskicker' ") makes his first move and then I cower and whimper "don't hit me"

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
Man, you're right out ta a comic book

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you can do Trinity's hover prior to your front kick, that looks really impressive. ... Actually, if you can already hover you probably don't need to worry about the fight at all!

While you're moving your lips out of synch with your high-pitched Chinese-accented words, be sure to also create a sound effect with every movement you make, no matter how small.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It has always been my secret goal to leave a sonic boom with each and every one of my punches and kicks. still working on it...

Latest Discussions