FMAT: My first day in Pekiti Tersia

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
My first day in Pekiti Tersia
By scubamatt - Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:17:27 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I just got home from my first taste of PTK, with Dino Martinez as my instructor. I can't stop smiling - it was everything I'd hoped it would be, in terms of practical and effective.

Dino himself is impressive, physically (I have never been in as good a shape as he is) but also in personality. He was completely professional, very patient with my questions, and my mistakes. My wife summed it up perfectly, "What a nice guy he is, not at all what I expected!"

I have some habits I need to lose, from other training I've received over the years, and I really need to stretch out more (for flexibility in my knees and hips), but I managed to avoid totally embarrassing myself.:)

As we were driving home, I asked my wife, "How come your clothes are all wet, honey?"

Mine were wet from sweat. It was a deceptively thorough workout, but she just watched, so I was puzzled.

She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "It's been raining on us for over an hour, didn't you notice?".

I hadn't, actually - it was a great training session.

All in all, a very good first day, and I'm looking forward to more.

If you are ever in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area, give me a shout. I'd love to meet others who study PTK.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions