FMA Supply Links

lefty eskrimador

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,
My student Brandon Katz is a custom weapons maker, and hand crafts weapons for the Filipino arts that are as functional as they are beautiful. He currently makes his weapons from a South American hardwood called Purple Heart, which is the toughest stuff I've ever used. He also makes weapons from hickory, ash, and another South American wood called Wenge. Right now his stock is mostly hardwood, but he will soon be adding rattan sticks as well. He also will soon be offering Dit Da Jow, a must for serious Eskrima practice.

His address is...

www.eskrimacustoms.com

Check out his site, you won't be dissapointed.

Kim

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He also will soon be offering Dit Da Jow, a must for serious Eskrima practice.

Heh, I have a huge bruise on my right arm from where an eskrima stick (rattan) landed on my forearm during sparring on Wednesday. There's a smaller bruise from either stick or knife sparring--I'm not sure which.

I used DDJ when I studied Kung Fu but haven't tried it for FMA yet.

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Heh, I have a huge bruise on my right arm from where an eskrima stick (rattan) landed on my forearm during sparring on Wednesday. There's a smaller bruise from either stick or knife sparring--I'm not sure which.

I used DDJ when I studied Kung Fu but haven't tried it for FMA yet.

For training injuries like these you'll want a DDJ that is cooling or neutral in nature, and which moves Qi and Blood. Warming jows like Zheng Gu Shui and specialty jows for iron palm, etc. are probably not as effective.

Best,

Steve

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have tried many of the links listed and they are defunct
should we update a current list?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feel free to add current sources :)

OP
K Williams

K Williams

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would edit the links if that was allowed, but after a certain amount of time that feature is no longer available.

mendozahoney

White Belt
Reaction score
first link is not available...
please send another link..

thanks for sharing.
thanks

bribrius

Green Belt
Reaction score
so with the fifty or so sources...

do i dare ask?

where is the best place to get a back of ten assorted traditional rattan sticks. Figure i can save a buck buying a bag of 6"-30" instead of individually.

Not the kind "meant for show only" and peferably with some quality control so i dont end up with a 1 1/4 and 1" mis match. Not looking for any show pieces, work sticks.

Latest Discussions