Fireworks Ban

Fireworks Ban

• For It

• Against It

Results are only viewable after voting.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can you imagine what the world would be like if we outlawed everything that could hurt you? You can't legislate intelligence...nature has a process in place to weed out those that don't contribute to the perpetuation of the species; natural selection. I think we should allow nature to take it's course. LOL

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No need to imagine it... I think we'll get there eventually.

Yea, it seems that way...

The way I see it is people are going to get fireworks one way or another, illegal or not. So might as well let people have there fireworks shows, displays etc... It's only once a year anyways.

I'm all for Pro Fireworks!

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's those idjits who don't do it right that causes these bans.
Sad.

Yup..I remember one year my Father almost coming to blows with one of these idjits that was lighting bottle rockets and the were landing dangerously close to where we had the boats tied up..All he had asked them to do was aim in the other direction and it got ugly..I was alerted to the situation by my daughter and I had to get in between these to men without igniting the situation..Guess what alcohol was involved on the part of the offenders..go figure..

Last edited:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Most, if not all, fireworks are illegal in Denver - not that that stops most people, but it does keep the sizes down. Until this month, when we've had record-setting rain (10.38" - 0.1" more and it will be the wettest month on record) we've had drought conditions for the last 10 years or so, making the risk even higher.

I'll give the kids who were shooting them off last night credit - they were in the sandy part of the playground in the park across the street - but yes, I still called the police on them. This whole area of Colorado, recent rain notwithstanding, is plagued by wildfires, many of them started by people, and I have no desire for my house to be incinerated in one of them.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love fireworks. My grandaddy in Virginia would buy them for me and my sister when we came to visit. He taught both of us early on to be respectful and cautious of not only the fireworks but also the environment (be mindful of the neighbors, never set them off when it was too dry, etc. My parents enjoyed them too, and would generally promise a stop at a roadside fireworks stand on the return trip back up North.

They are illegal in MA but legal in NH. Which means, all the folks from MA that like fireworks simply make the drive up to NH to get them :D

Target has had a gigantic display of them since April. Now, if you walk in to a supermarket, drug store, or convenience store, there's a rack of them within a few feet of the door.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Target has had a gigantic display of them since April. Now, if you walk in to a supermarket, drug store, or convenience store, there's a rack of them within a few feet of the door.

Ditto up here Carol..Plus the major ad campaign for the big fireworks companies have been in full swing shortly after I started this thread.. I have to work on the 4th, thankfully it will be the day trick so I won't have alot to deal with..

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm all for a ban. Leave explosives to the professionals. The displays are better. And you don't have the problems with injuries, ER visits, general death and dismemberment, fires and people losing their pets or having to dope them up for the night.

Frostbite

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I voted against but I honestly don't care either way. I think they're an incredible waste of money for very little payoff and I don't know anyone who hasn't had at least one accident when messing around with fireworks, myself included. But I think people should be allowed to blow themselves up if they want. As long as I don't have to hear them cry about it later.

Latest Discussions