Finally, something I'm happy to give my government

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Saw my doc this evening for a routine check-up.

I had just been to the eye doctor who told me that I was showing the early signs of cataracts, not uncommon for a man my age. Chatted with my doctor for a bit about diet, health habits, etc.

"Since you're still under fifty," he said, "I should give you this home colon cancer test kit." Sponsored by the Ministry of Health, the kit tests for warning signs that might indicate colorectal cancer. There's been alot of awareness raising of late about so-called 'cancers below the waist.'

He opens the kit and out fall three little pieces of wood that look like they've splintered off a tongue depressor. I shivered at first, but he assured me they're not for what I thought they were for.

fobt_kit.jpg

The kit is explained here http://coloncancercheck.ca/docs/fobt/fobt_5steps.pdf

This is the Ministry of Health website http://coloncancercheck.ca/

Here's some Canadian style health promotion

Now I get to send my government some poo. Still think socialized health care is bad?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
LOL! I did that earlier this year and went for a colonoscopy. My Mom just successfully went through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation to fight off colon cancer. She’s a great example of how public health care works, no waiting, top notch doctors. Diagnosed, in for surgery and therapy as quick as anything. My doctor suggested I go for all the tests just in case. Same thing, boom, boom done. Thankfully they found nothing.
It’s a fun test!! Enjoy!!

OP
Gordon Nore

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOL! I did that earlier this year and went for a colonoscopy. My Mom just successfully went through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation to fight off colon cancer. She’s a great example of how public health care works, no waiting, top notch doctors. Diagnosed, in for surgery and therapy as quick as anything. My doctor suggested I go for all the tests just in case. Same thing, boom, boom done. Thankfully they found nothing.

Glad for your mom. I hope you know I wasn't making light of cancer, but the three little sticks were ominous without context.

It’s a fun test!! Enjoy!!

Don't know about that, but I'll enjoy sending poo to the Province of Ontario.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glad for your mom. I hope you know I wasn't making light of cancer, but the three little sticks were ominous without context.

Don't know about that, but I'll enjoy sending poo to the Province of Ontario.

Yep, I know. No worries.

I wonder what would happen if you addressed them to Dalton McGuinty??

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It IS only fair, they've been giving you sh**
er... crap for years...

Latest Discussions