Final Fu...

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.finalfu.com/

Look like MTV jumping on the TUF bandwagon. Actually sounds like a American version of a British show called "Fight School" I came across while flipping. Strange show...

They had them crossing rope bridges, doging balls thrown be the instructors and that sort of thing as the challenges. All ended with a big "fight" which was rather dissapointing. It was point fighting, no weight classes, no gender seperation, rather dissapointing.

Of course it seemed like have of them where going to go out on foot injuries before the end as they had them running around on cement barefoot all day....

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
http://www.finalfu.com/

Look like MTV jumping on the TUF bandwagon. Actually sounds like a American version of a British show called "Fight School" I came across while flipping. Strange show...

They had them crossing rope bridges, doging balls thrown be the instructors and that sort of thing as the challenges. All ended with a big "fight" which was rather dissapointing. It was point fighting, no weight classes, no gender seperation, rather dissapointing.

Of course it seemed like have of them where going to go out on foot injuries before the end as they had them running around on cement barefoot all day....

Hmmm, Not under 30, so I think maybe a suit for age discrimination. ;) Also nothing in there for weapons. :D

MardiGras Bandit

Green Belt
Reaction score
Was this actually on TV? I thought it was cancelled in pre-production. What styles were there? Maybe I can catch a repeat, I must know what the greatest martial art is!

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
The UK version of this show is so lame. The idea would have been a brilliant concept, had they not tried to turn it into some 3rd rate reality TV show, which I might add ( I HATE those shows - TV producers show some imagination!) didn't work on many levels.

Andrew, you're right the lack of weight, gender division doesn't lend it any credibility. Point scoring's ok, if it's well done, but I don't think it is from what I've seen of the UK version. There was one bout where it was mixed, he BLATENTLY outpointed her, was more controlled aggression, where she was getting angry because she didn't have the reach, and if it hadn't been a whopping case of political correctness, she would have walked. Guess what, she won, because "she showed spirit". Never mind that she'd had the proverbial kicked out of her, showed little demonstrable skill... Flippin heck. :rolleyes:

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol, its point fighting, I mean no offense but when you have the UFC reality series, UFC, Pride and all that, what the hell is this show going to prove? I can already see some guy with spiked hair scoring over another guy with spiked hair and thinking they belong up there with the Silva's and the Frye's. LOL. I wonder who the host will be?

Latest Discussions