Fight Quest

punchesandkicks

White Belt
Reaction score
Have you guys heard about the new Discovery Channel show called Fight Quest starting January 4th?

Looks pretty cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I guess I'll just have to wait and see it on the tube before making comments as to whether it would be something worthwhile watching.

Thanks for the heads up.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it. I think it'll be interesting to compare to the Human Weapon show. This is only a guess, as I'll really be able to form a more solid opinion after I see this episode, but it looks to me, like this is going to be more intense than the HW.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I caught a commercial a couple days ago, but it was really short so I could'nt tell much. I had hoped the host would be more seasoned m.a.'s than the guys on Human Weapon. The trailer on You Tube does not make it appear as though they are? I guess time will tell.

1stJohn1:9

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Discovery channel puts up full episodes to watch on their website, right now they have Mythbusters and Last One Standing available. I hope they put up Fight Quest.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Is this the competition for the Human Weapon series or are they on the same network?

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Have you guys heard about the new Discovery Channel show called Fight Quest starting January 4th?

Looks pretty cool!

I hope it isn't full of the same drama and silly-***** behavior that is so prevelant on the other fight reality shows.

And I *like* those shows, but sometimes the drama is just ridiculous. I've never known an actual fighter to behave in such a petulant fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Is this the competition for the Human Weapon series or are they on the same network?

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

I think it's competition. With the new HW season coming, both shows are going to be on Fridays at 10 pm. I think (not sure) HW is on the History channel (???).

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I watched this show and it was pretty good. It is amazing what people put themselves through.... makes my simple life look a bit easier.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight they are in Mexico and working out with some Mexican Boxer's!
icon6.gif

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol.. yeah they are getting paid but still that Kali episode where he got hit on the hip... that bruise was crazy....

Oh Yeah, I know. I had a bruise like that, same place... I got kicked by one of our thoroughbreds, Kent Green. I thought I was gonna die, or I wanted to.

Sanchin-J

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think the Human Weapon show is actually very well done, although I can't say that I'm impressed with certain aspects of it. For instance the much anticipated "fight" at the end of the segments. I've actually taken quite a bit of time to watch these episodes up to current and re-watch them again to really see what's going on and while I appreciate and respect the historical information and general knowledge they are receiving, I almost feel a little insulted in the fact that they are using full contact kumite at the end of the shows to try and "show off" their newfound skills. We all know the fights at the end are pretty much staged and that the seasoned martial artists they are going up against are taking it easy on them. Perhaps I'm more disturbed in the fact that it seems to send a mixed message to future martial artists that if they learn a few tricks they will be masters of the universe in no time.

Then again, from an educational stand point the show is wonderful to watch, hearing about the historical ties to the martial arts they feature and seeing these ancient places is wonderful. I just have concerns over what the overall messages are that they are sending, not to mention the fact that some of the techniques shown on the show may not be appropriate for younger audiences to view for fear that they might try it on someone and seriously do damage to themselves or others.

Latest Discussions