Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hehehehehehe.. There are so many great fintional arts.. Here is one:

wikipedia said:
The Sinanju training enables one to hold one's breath over an hour, rip steel doors from their hinges, climb walls, dodge bullets (even at point blank range), overturn a moving tank, outrun a car, seem invisible, overcome multiple opponents, etc...

Here is the link to the full entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinanju

I remeber watching this movie as a youngster thinking "WOW... I wann learn THAT!" *grin*

Rob

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Phadrus00 said:

I remeber watching this movie as a youngster thinking "WOW... I wann learn THAT!" *grin*

Rob

Ah... Remo Williams... Chiun had such high hopes for him...:wink:

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Phadrus00 said:

Rob
Me too,

The dodging bullets thing was sub-zero cool. :teleport:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Phadrus00 said:
Rob

I remember that movie too, and although I did think it was pretty cool at the time, what I remember most is, and I couldn't get past, Joel Grey of Cabaret fame made up to look Chinese as Chiun.

Didn't Joel walk on water in that one?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
I remember that movie too, and although I did think it was pretty cool at the time, what I remember most is, and I couldn't get past, Joel Grey of Cabaret fame made up to look Chinese as Chiun.

Yeah... water with waves, no less!

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Yeah, more of a jog.

Told Remo, one must run very fast.

The captain of the USS Voyager was in that one also. She was the lady Chiun shut up by tapping on her wrist.....nighty night.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
Chun was not Chinese, he said himself that the Korean was the greatest creature to ever bless the earth with the imprint of it's foot. Yes, I've seen it too.

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nevada_MO_Guy said:
Yeah, more of a jog.

Told Remo, one must run very fast.

Ohh I remember that! Very funny!

Nevada_MO_Guy said:
The captain of the USS Voyager was in that one also. She was the lady Chiun shut up by tapping on her wrist.....nighty night.

That i forgot about...I must watch this movie again! *grin*

Rob

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Phadrus00 said:
That i forgot about...I must watch this movie again! *grin*

Rob

Is this from 'The Adventure Begins?' If so, it has been playing on EACTV (I think it stands for Encore Action TV). Dish Network has been offering a free preview of EACTV on channel 298.

When watching, I had a difficult time suspending my disbelief in Chiun as Korean. :)

I haven't seen the whole movie yet.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Phadrus00 said:

Rob
I remember reading the Destroyer series when I was in the Marines. There were several books, including one where Remo had a fight to the death with Chiun's evil brother Nuihc.

Random trivia in honor of my 1933rd post: The original King Kong was released in 1933.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Then, there is the fictional Klingom martial art of Mok'bara from the Star Trek series. It is a full martial art with the bat'leth being its main weapon. Click here for a pic of that weapon:
www.oddessy.com/MedievalWeapons/Batleth.html

I say it is fictional, but people teach Klingon martial art seminars at conventions and at regional Klingon Empire meetings. Click here for more on that:
http://www.klingon.org/smboard/index.php/topic,34.0.html

There was a book written several years back using picture and showing techniques just as any martial art book would. You can find it on Amazon.com and see reviews of it there.

Back in Feb of 2005, Inside Kung-Fu did a feature on the Klingon martial art but it was badly written and fell far short of the fanboy dream it could have been.

Yes, I am a bit of a fanboy myself. I started formal training when I was 15 due to my heroes in comic books training and fighting using martial arts. Fifteen years and two black belts later, I am still a fanboy at heart.

AoG

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like "Panzer Kunst" from the "Battle Angel Alita" manga. Don't quite know what it's about, but Alita seems to use it very effectively :)

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just saw this in the list

This has got to be my favorite,

Tae-Kwon-Leep

"Ed Gooberman, you fail to grasp Tae-Kwon Leep. Approach me so that you may see."

"Boot to the head!"

Latest Discussions