Favorite Quotes

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
  • Failing to prepare is preparing to fail
  • If it ain't broken, don't fix it
  • If there's a doubt, there's no doubt
  • I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way. - Robert Frost

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi, what does this quotation or idiom mean please? thank you!
If there is a doubt, there is no doubt.

It means trust your feelings. If you feel something isn't right, it means something isn't right.

I like this quote because in a civil society, we learn to repress our feelings, discard or distrust them. However, if we learn to connect with them, we can find that they often are spot on.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
"We're in America today, and we're ready to roll."
March Borchardy, AMERICAN MOVIE

I can't explain why that has always made me smile. For some reason it makes me feel optimistic. Maybe it is because America used to be touted as the "land of opportunity," and it was said by a guy who was downtrodden and poor, faced all kinds of setbacks, and yet charged ahead. He might not even have enough money to fill his gas tank, but dammit he was going to make a movie!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors....and miss."
Robert A. Heinlein

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ah, Robert Heinlein! Reading Spaceship Trooper always reminds me of my infantry bootcamp summer. Good memories in my case :)

My favorite quote from him is this famous one:

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions