Favorite MA Video Game

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love Street Fighter II, that classic is my all time fav. However, I am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden on the XBOX.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always had fun with the Virtua Fighter series.

Jeff

ChrisWTK

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tekken, Tekken Tag is my favorite, it's always more fun to have two fighters to chose from.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Super Street Fighter II. Not the Turbo version, not the ultimate version, but the first version that came out (bringing in the new four characters, Fei Long, Cammy, Dee Jay, and T. Hawk). I still almost always used Ryu, and had much fun frustrating people by constantly bombarding them with fireballs. Not many people out there could consistently blast away with fireballs, and people who tried to get into fireball wars with me almost always ended up losing.

Samaurai Shodan II. I enjoyed using Genjuro. One of my roommates always used Haohmaru (yes, we had a Neo Geo), and the battles between us were the classical type, where there were very few exchanges of sword slashes, but the few exchanges were always deadly. Contrast this to other people, who would constantly mash away at buttons all throughout the round.

The ancient "Yie-Ar Kung Fu," where you controlled a fighter named "Oolong," and could bust off a large number of punches and kicks, while also being able to jump 50 feet in the air (no joking). Didn't take much skill to defeat the first few enemies, and in all honesty, anyone who lost to the fat gas bag known as "Buchu" needed some lessons in basic dexterity. The most frustrating enemies on that game were Sword (until I found his weakness versus the low kick) and Tonfun (curse those quick multiple strikes).

The ancient "Karate Champ," where you had two joysticks, and could choose a multitude of moves using different combinations of those joysticks. One hit = knockdown... God help you if you tried to play any of the computer game ports, where trying to use a joystick with a single button was an excercise in frustration.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
The virtual fighter series is probably my favorite, followed by Tekken.

Syn

White Belt
Reaction score
Dynasty warrior and Jade Empire for me.

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Soul Caliber !!!!

Can't believe nobody said anything about that :D

Oh yea, Super Smash Brothers is a good MA game... Well it could be :D

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
1) Dead or Alive 3 (XBOX)

2) Pride Fighting Championships (PS2)

3) Streets of Rage II (Genesis)

4) Street Fighter Series (Particualrly Alpha 3 and Ex 1)

5) Ultimate Fighting Championship (Dreamcast)