Favorite Firearm of all time.

AlecBeach

White Belt
Reaction score
Was wondering what firearm you guys have a liking to. Even if you can't get your hands on one you gotta have a fav.
Mine personally is the 9x39 Subsonic VSS Vintorez/ AS VAL series.

D

Deleted member 39746

I dont really hav a favourate for a rifle. but i like the look at P226's (and the copact versions) and glocks.

If i had to put a rifle as it stands its lee enfields.

MaxtheNinja

White Belt
Reaction score
For handguns the 1911 and Glock are my two favorites. One is so iconic, and the other is so robust. I can't think of better handguns.
For rifles nothing beats a good old m4 style. I like the newer MK18 style best.

Oni_Kadaki

Green Belt
Reaction score
There are many firearms that I am quite fond of, some that I own and some that I don't. However, my HK VP9 immediately came to mind. I heard an angelic chorus the first time I held it.

APOModern

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There are many firearms that I am quite fond of, some that I own and some that I don't. However, my HK VP9 immediately came to mind. I heard an angelic chorus the first time I held it.

lol, that's what it was like the first time I got to shoot a 1911. Those old guns are so amazing. For me, I'd say 1911 is my favorite in terms of looks and fun to shoot. For effectiveness, I hate to say it, but you can't beat a Glock...

Oni_Kadaki

Green Belt
Reaction score
lol, that's what it was like the first time I got to shoot a 1911. Those old guns are so amazing. For me, I'd say 1911 is my favorite in terms of looks and fun to shoot. For effectiveness, I hate to say it, but you can't beat a Glock...

Oh, but you can... with an HK VP9!

That being said, I share your fondness for a good 1911. One day, I'd love to own a Wilson Combat!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a favorite rifle - really never shot enough to have a favorite. With pistols, I'm with Max - I love the consistency and usability of the Glocks (let's put the 19 if you want a specific model), and I love the look and feel of a 1911, especially an officer's model - dark matte finish and rosewood grips, please.

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
For handguns, it is the CZ P01. I had one, which was dead reliable and accurate, and stupidly sold it so that I could buy an HK VP9. After one range session, I sold the VP9 and bought another P01. The ergos are so good that it sits perfectly in the hand without even trying. It's a fantastic CCW gun, and one that I won't be selling this time around.

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've often fantasized about a nice, stainless blackhawk. Then there's the mini 14 in .243. Ruger made a few but they were never offered. As a kid, I was in love with the Berret M107-A1. Now, my buddies Savage MSR 10 Hunter in .308 is impressive. My .62 cal Yager style flintlock is a beauty to behold and a joy to smoke out anyone shooting near me with; my near favorite. All that said, I really would be tickled ping with a ruger precision in .308 or the early .243 version.

sam your

White Belt
Reaction score
the firearm that I have a liking to is the HK mp7. *slaps roof of HK mp7* "this baby can fit so much lovely coolness in it"

derekhann

White Belt
Reaction score
glock 17 is my favorite and is the gun that gives me sheer joy and happiness in my life

MaxtheNinja

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't have a favorite rifle - really never shot enough to have a favorite. With pistols, I'm with Max - I love the consistency and usability of the Glocks (let's put the 19 if you want a specific model), and I love the look and feel of a 1911, especially an officer's model - dark matte finish and rosewood grips, please.

oh, yeah, rosewood grips! The only thing I don't like about 1911's is that they hold so few shots, and that's why I'd never take it into combat. Love everything else about it though.
When I play airsoft I use a KWA 1911 or a Glock 17 (cause there weren't any 19's in stock) and I don't have a problem with my 1911 cause it holds a completely unrealistic amount of ammo (21, the same as my Elite Force Glock 17).

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, yeah, rosewood grips! The only thing I don't like about 1911's is that they hold so few shots, and that's why I'd never take it into combat. Love everything else about it though.
When I play airsoft I use a KWA 1911 or a Glock 17 (cause there weren't any 19's in stock) and I don't have a problem with my 1911 cause it holds a completely unrealistic amount of ammo (21, the same as my Elite Force Glock 17).
I just really like the look and feel of a single-stack. Of course, that does mean fewer rounds.

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ruger Alaskan .454. Can use 45 longs for normal use and .454 Casulls for big, serious threats. Fast Alaskan454andBuck110.jpg deployment and use - just like Wing Chun.

MaxtheNinja

White Belt
Reaction score
I just really like the look and feel of a single-stack. Of course, that does mean fewer rounds.

Yeah, single stack feels slimmer in the hand, and makes it look sleeker, but I don't really mind sacrificing a little looks and sleek feeling for a double stack mag cause it gives me more ammo. That's why I love my airsoft 1911, it holds lots of rounds, but it's a 1911, and it's single stack!

OP
AlecBeach

AlecBeach

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, single stack feels slimmer in the hand, and makes it look sleeker, but I don't really mind sacrificing a little looks and sleek feeling for a double stack mag cause it gives me more ammo. That's why I love my airsoft 1911, it holds lots of rounds, but it's a 1911, and it's single stack!
Double stack will always beat single in terms of capacity. But in terms of reliability id imagine single is easier for the spring

Latest Discussions