Favorite All Time Wrestler

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Excellent thread!

I have many favorites...too hard to narrow it down.

Tony Atlas, Ivan Putski, Kerry Von Erich, Ric Flair, The Great Kabuki (show points there...), the Ultimate Warrior & Ricky Steamboat.

For tag teams I'd have to go with Jules & Jay Strongbow. I did like the Road Warriors too though...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Remember the Kanagroo Brothers and their manager George "Crybaby" Cannon????????

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Besides my son (School team). Bob Backlun because he's a red head too. Haven't seen a live Profesional match since the mid 80's though. Andrea the Giant was cool in the day also. The MoonDdogs Spot and Rex where a fun tag team to watch.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have a lot (for many reasons). Dick the Bruiser, Jimmy "the BoogieWoogie Man" Valiant, Kerry Von Erich, Lex Lugar, Lita :)boing2: ) just to name a few.

I wanted to be a Von Erich when I was a kid. I hated the Freebirds, LOL!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone remember Ernie "The Cat" Ladd??? or the Valentine Brothers...

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Anyone remember Ernie "The Cat" Ladd??? or the Valentine Brothers...

I remember Ernie Ladd. I read this past March (I believe), when he passed away, that he is the only man in both the football hall of fame and the wrestling hall of fame.

Are you referring to Greg "The Hammer" Valentine?

Anyone remember George "The Animal" Steele?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jimmy super fly snoka, man the leap from the top rope was great all the time.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember Ernie Ladd. I read this past March (I believe), when he passed away, that he is the only man in both the football hall of fame and the wrestling hall of fame.

Yep

Skip Cooper said:
Are you referring to Greg "The Hammer" Valentine?

I believe he was Johnny Valentine in the beginning..

Skip Cooper said:
Anyone remember George "The Animal" Steele?

Of course..Well I do anyway..Did you see him in Ed Wood with Johnny Depp and Martin Landau???

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am not a wrestling historian by any means, but I believe his father wrestled as Johnny Valentine and he wrestled as Johnny Valentine, Jr. before changing to Greg Valentine. I think he also wrestled as one of the Fargo Brothers in the 70's.

You see, this is the kind of trash that is stuck in my head and I have a hard time remembering my own home telephone number.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am not a wrestling historian by any means, but I believe his father wrestled as Johnny Valentine and he wrestled as Johnny Valentine, Jr. before changing to Greg Valentine. I think he also wrestled as one of the Fargo Brothers in the 70's.

Yes its true..For the record his "brother: was Donny..Real name Donny Celt or Kelt...

Skip Copper said:
You see, this is the kind of trash that is stuck in my head and I have a hard time remembering my own home telephone number.

You are not alone...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is pure irony to me that I earned my blue belt rank on MT in the Ringside Lounge.

I got mine in the Last Person Thread..Go ahead and say it..That's pathetic..

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
Going back a ways here, but I used to love Baron Von Raske (sp?). lol...he used to goose step around the ring with his claw hand raised. :D

Randy "The Macho Man" Savage always cracked me up too. And of course, while not a wrestler himself, I feel Mean Gene should get an honorable mention. heh

Showing our age a bit here Pam, but I also loved watching the Baron with his
"claw hold". I also loved "Superstar Graham", with the massive biceps, who cited Ali-like poetry about how great he was!

When I was in college in the late 70's, I had a friend who was close to the family that ran the wrestling shows at the old International Amphitheater on Chicago's South Side. We used to get free tickets and get a group of guys together to spend the afternoon at the racetrack, then go see wresting after dinner. Those were the days!

Emptyhand

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka and Dusty Rhodes the American Legend....

Reaction score
the greatest of all time....George the Animal Steel. He played a stupid love struck role. but in real life he was a professor at some collage. and van vader he was in realastate... belive it or not.

Latest Discussions