Falls

Kenpobuff

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My instructor hasn't taught proper falling techniques to the class that I can remember. So last weekend when he asked me to open the school doors and run the class I took that opportunity to run the class away from the traditional routine we go through. So I rolled out a wrestling mat and showed them the proper falling techniques as I was taught from a different instructor. I had them practice until they were fairly proficient at it. Those that attended that class I think got some good information, those that chose not to come because he wouldn't be there missed out.

Teach or learn proper falling technique, it's important. If your instructor doesn't teach it ask him/her to teach you or seek it from another source. It may just save you some bruised elbows or head lumps.

OP
K

KenpoDusty

Buddhagirl,

Make sure you practice at your own pace. I wouldnt worry too much about speed right now, you should be more focused on getting your basics down cold. As you practice your blocks, kicks, parries, etc., you will see that speed will come naturally. Grandmaster Parker had a saying, "Practice does not make perfect, practice makes PERMANENT, only perfect practice makes perfect!!" The only one you are competing with when you learn Kenpo is yourself.

Keep smiling!
Dusty

Latest Discussions