Fall Festival

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would love to go, but just shot a wad of cash on vacation. The wife would kill me if I went this year. :idunno:

OP
S

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well maybe next year? I was kind of looking forward to maybe meeting you!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hopefully next year I will be living back in Michigan, I will be down for sure if we are there. Looking forward to meeting some more of Tori's students as well. If she can pass on her smooth movements through her teaching, it will be a pleasure to watch the training. That is what is so great about these big gatherings, we all get to see what is happening around the country with all the great instructors the art has.

Michael Stinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I and three of my students will be making it. Unfortunately Lori won't be able to make it this year due to her very large pregnant belly ;) (twin girls for those of you who haven't heard!)

Michael Stinson
Phoenix Quest Center

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on the upcoming event...

OP
S

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
I and three of my students will be making it. Unfortunately Lori won't be able to make it this year due to her very large pregnant belly ;) (twin girls for those of you who haven't heard!)

Michael Stinson
Phoenix Quest Center

COOL FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!! OK maybe not the TWO girls part. My one girl is driving me nuts right now!!!! She figured out boys are not just for throwing things at!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you Mr. Stinson tell Mrs. Stinson hello from my better half and me!!!!!

OP
S

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
Festival was a good time!!! Some of the singing at night was REALLY good! More details later. Being in California I'm watching the state of the fires right now!!!! We got lucky! Found out the fire was by our place while in Ohio!!! Kind of scary!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Festival was a good time!!! Some of the singing at night was REALLY good! More details later. Being in California I'm watching the state of the fires right now!!!! We got lucky! Found out the fire was by our place while in Ohio!!! Kind of scary!

AHHHH, can you tell SKB is from California? Land of the teaser/preview. Come on man, that isn't fair. I know everybody had a great time, always do at any seminar I've ever been to. We have some really great people in the art and they mostly love to have a good time with each other, but all are approachable and fun to be around.

Hope everything was alright with your home when you returned, that would stink being so far away and not really knowing what is going on back home.

OP
S

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
Festival was great! I enjoy making the trip the last three years and look forward to next year! It is always amazing to spend time with the people there. Seeing the demos Saturday night is always inspiering! I was reminded this year I need to work on my rolls! The carpeted floor has no give to it!!!

If you ever get the chance you should make the trip. I always come back with something and the trip pumps me up to train for the next year. I won't go into the singing, you had to be there!!! It really is cool to hang out with everyone after a good day of training! I talked to people I had never met before, reaquainted myself with people from past festivals and enjoyed just hanging out.

Of course the training was great and covered a broad range of subjects. It is hard to pick between sessions!

Raizan

White Belt
Reaction score
I had fun too. The black belt demos were pretty cool (I even think I had some moments of brilliance) but I was entertained the most by the Tampa Sword Demonstration.

Raizan

White Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Russo and his people did an excellent job of showing different sword cuts and stances. It flowed together nicely, and you could tell they spent alot of time on it. Mr. Broom's knife seminar was excellent as well.

OP
S

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
I thought all the demos were cool. I went to Mr. Sears session instead of Mr. Broom's.

Latest Discussions