FACT VS FICTION

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am Negan.

Actually I have no idea who Negan is either, I just wanted to be part of the popular crowd.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you truly are @Frank Dux and you’re about separating fact from fiction...

How did you possibly have 56 consecutive ko’s in a single tournament?

That would have to be one huge tournament. Seems impossible, but I’m sure there’s an explanation. Respectfully asking, can you elaborate?

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
First off this thread is called Fact vs Fiction not Frank Dux vs. Gossip

The first discussion point is now seemingly being overshadowed by the gossipy talk of haters who expect me to be dragged into defending a reputation not in need of defending.

If you find it necessary to prove I am who I say I am I suggest you do likewise, first. Post a photo of yourself holding your passport or valid license, ID card… not hide behind an avatar and made up name to possibly in your anonymity and unaccountability challenge my veracity. Lets be on equal footing.

I will, however, as matter of courtesy address one issue raised so we may move on and stay on topic. Please excuse its necessary lengthiness.

Out of sincere respect with regard to how is it possible to attain the 56 KO record in a single tournament that is being raised -- well it's rather obvious to me that question betrays a level of ignorance and place of origination.

It says about the person asking it they apparently are not familiar with the traditional practice of REAL Kumite.

Case in point, Mas Oyama fought over 100 full contact tournament matches in a single day. Oyama did this 3 times in his lifetime but that goes unchallenged here… should we ask, why?

The logical conclusion we may arrive at is based on the observable truth that gossip, speculation and hearsay is not tolerated -- not part of the Traditional Karate World that Mas Oyama was a part of. A culture where respect for self and others is taught and is viewed paramount -- unmistakable ASIAN Martial Art Defining Qualities that is in the ninja culture only seemingly given lip service to by self professed traditional Ninja's or their enthusiasts.

A world where it's self professed Supreme Grandmasters exemplify lack of character when they willfully mischaracterized from their earliest beginnings that Ninjutsu was an elite exclusive Japanese ancient martial art when it is definitely not.

And with its rabid commercialization, since the 1980's, visibly engage in personally attacking and obfuscating anyone or argument that dares present a threat to the false dogma, elite status -- viewed competition in their marketplace.

Persons, like myself, not being permitted to compete fairly.

Blackbelt magazine's journalist Gordon Richuisa going on the record stating that I myself by way of contract between Stephan Hayes and Rainbow Publications was not allowed to be featured in any of their prominent martial art trade magazines. Proof of how they fraudulently presented themselves to be the ethical impartial leading trade journals they misled the public by. That was once true when they were first run as a newsletter, written by real martial artists in place of fake news journalists or PR professionals whose only concern was $$$ -- subscription and ad dollars.

Don't believe me. Do an image search of Blackbelt magazine covers beginning from the 1960's to the 1980's and ask yourself how is it that not a single black person made the cover as a featured story except as a throw dummy. Muhammed Ali was a martial artist trained under Jhoon Rhee and because of its lack of impartiality he too was excluded.

During this time period so many excelled in Martial Arts like the man who fought and beat them all, Chuck Norris, Mike Stone, Joe Lewis, etc. -- Victor Moore -- who acknowledged in documentaries and news articles how we fought twice. Kinda kills the next pop culture fiction I can't name my competitors, doesn't it? ENOUGH SAID.

So I put it to you all again is it fact or fiction that purity is really necessary in calling oneself a martial artist or advance oneself as one?

I say NO WAY as purity has more to do with being part of a historical society or club and is not part of real warfare that is always evolving -- martial art is after all the term for "ART of MILITARY"; certainly not exclusive to ANCIENT ASIAN MARTIAL ARTS.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you must understand that it is rather doubtful that Frank Dux would have the time to, or even care to, deal with this sort of thing in a web forum.

So I do not think you should be at all surprised, if in fact you are Frank Dux, based on previous impersonators, if the general consensus here is that you may, or may not be Frank Dux and the inclination of most will be to lean towards you are not.

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
are you sure your frank dux hmmmm or pretending to be frank dux i have frank as a friend in Facebook if you dont know my real name your not frank dux

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Okayyy...so been off this forum for a while and come back to this...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hope you will excuse my novice beginnings. In the past I watched Frank Dux impersonators go on threads to exploit my celebrity in order to drive traffic to them. Shammus was one such blog thread. Generally, making use of sensationalism., slander, libel and obfuscation others commercially uplift themselves at my hard earned reputation.

Even when reading a thread here about Beginning Ninjutsu, I, am trade libeled by being labeled "illegitimate."

This is an absurdity when in actuality if we refer to scholarly academic determinations there is no basis for making the illegitimate or illegitimate argument status. This is because the term ninjutsu is interchangeable with the English term Spy-craft ot Tradecraft -- as it is NOT A MARTIAL ART.

The terminology Ninjutsu is a turn of the 20th century invention that reflects an operating philosophy with traceable roots that only go back as far as the forensic evidence-- e.g. Japanese scrolls, like the Bansenshukai, etc. If you are hearing otherwise someone is either intentionally or inadvertently misleading you.

Coolstory.jpg

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
First off the thread is called Fact vs Fiction.

The first discussion point is now seemingly being overshadowed by the gossipy talk of haters who expect me to defend a reputation not in need of defending.

If you check Facebook I had by my last count years ago 47 false profiles using my name. If you find it necessary to prove I am who I say I am I suggest you do likewise, first. Post a photo of yourself holding your passport or valid license, ID card… not hide behind an avatar and made up name then challenge my veracity.

Out of respect with regard to how is it possible to attain the 56 KO record in a single tournament that was raised, well obvious to me that question betrays a level of ignorance. It says about the person asking it they apparently are not familiar with the traditional practice of Kumite. Case in point, Mas Oyama fought over 100 full contact tournament matches in a single day.

Oyama did this 3 times in his life time but that goes unchallenged here… why?

Gossip, speculation and hearsay is not part of the Traditional Karate World he is a part of -- where respect for self and others is taught and is paramount. Martial Art Defining Qualities not taught by self professed traditional NInja's, whose Supreme Grandmasters had insisted and characterized from their earliest beginnings that Ninjutsu was a martial art (when it is not). And with its rabid commercialization personally attacking and obfuscating anyone who dare present a threat to their false dogma, elite status -- viewed competition in their marketplace who were contractually not allowed to be featured in prominent martial art trad magazines when this sham first appeared.

So I put it to you all again is it fact or fiction that purity is really necessary in calling oneself a martial artist or advance oneself as one. I say NO WAY as purity has more to do with being part of a historical society or club and is not part of real warfare that is always evolving -- martial art is after all the term for Art of War; certainly not exclusive to ANCIENT ASIAN MARTIAL ARTS.

It might do you good to look at this from other people's perspective. On this forum there are a lot of people who have been practicing the Martial Arts for a long time, and are well connected as a result of it. Then along you come as a complete nobody telling us you are someone of importance and automatically expect us to show you utmost respect. Sorry but that's not the way it works here.

Imagine if you were training in your dojo and I suddenly walked in and told you I was a Grandmaster in some ancient Japanese Martial Art, and immediately expect you to bow in respect to me, would you do it? I'd be willing to guess you wouldn't.

Here's the sad thing about all this. You didn't need to talk about your real identity at all. If all you wanted to do was discuss the validity of ninjutsu then you could have just talked about that. But instead you made the focus of your post about your identity and are then surprised that people ask for proof.

As other people have said, we don't care who you are and aren't going to hang on your every word just because you think you are somebody in the Martial Arts world.

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
are you sure your frank dux hmmmm or pretending to be frank dux i have frank as a friend in Facebook if you dont know my real name your not frank dux

I have the last time I checked 47 impersonators on Facebook.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
First off this thread is called Fact vs Fiction not Frank Dux vs. Gossip

The first discussion point is now seemingly being overshadowed by the gossipy talk of haters who expect me to be dragged into defending a reputation not in need of defending.

If you find it necessary to prove I am who I say I am I suggest you do likewise, first. Post a photo of yourself holding your passport or valid license, ID card… not hide behind an avatar and made up name to possibly in your anonymity and unaccountability challenge my veracity. Lets be on equal footing.

I will, however, as matter of courtesy address one issue raised so we may move on and stay on topic. Please excuse its necessary lengthiness.

Out of sincere respect with regard to how is it possible to attain the 56 KO record in a single tournament that is being raised -- well it's rather obvious to me that question betrays a level of ignorance and place of origination.

It says about the person asking it they apparently are not familiar with the traditional practice of REAL Kumite.

Case in point, Mas Oyama fought over 100 full contact tournament matches in a single day. Oyama did this 3 times in his lifetime but that goes unchallenged here… should we ask, why?

The logical conclusion we may arrive at is based on the observable truth that gossip, speculation and hearsay is not tolerated -- not part of the Traditional Karate World that Mas Oyama was a part of. A culture where respect for self and others is taught and is viewed paramount -- unmistakable ASIAN Martial Art Defining Qualities that is in the ninja culture only seemingly given lip service to by self professed traditional Ninja's or their enthusiasts.

A world where it's self professed Supreme Grandmasters exemplify lack of character when they willfully mischaracterized from their earliest beginnings that Ninjutsu was an elite exclusive Japanese ancient martial art when it is definitely not.

And with its rabid commercialization, since the 1980's, visibly engage in personally attacking and obfuscating anyone or argument that dares present a threat to the false dogma, elite status -- viewed competition in their marketplace.

Persons, like myself, not being permitted to compete fairly.

Blackbelt magazine's journalist Gordon Richuisa going on the record stating that I myself by way of contract between Stephan Hayes and Rainbow Publications was not allowed to be featured in any of their prominent martial art trade magazines. Proof of how they fraudulently presented themselves to be the ethical impartial leading trade journals they misled the public by. That was once true when they were first run as a newsletter, written by real martial artists in place of fake news journalists or PR professionals whose only concern was $$$ -- subscription and ad dollars.

Don't believe me. Do an image search of Blackbelt magazine covers beginning from the 1960's to the 1980's and ask yourself how is it that not a single black person made the cover as a featured story except as a throw dummy. Muhammed Ali was a martial artist trained under Jhoon Rhee and because of its lack of impartiality he too was excluded.

During this time period so many excelled in Martial Arts like the man who fought and beat them all, Chuck Norris, Mike Stone, Joe Lewis, etc. -- Victor Moore -- who acknowledged in documentaries and news articles how we fought twice. Kinda kills the next pop culture fiction I can't name my competitors, doesn't it? ENOUGH SAID.

So I put it to you all again is it fact or fiction that purity is really necessary in calling oneself a martial artist or advance oneself as one?

I say NO WAY as purity has more to do with being part of a historical society or club and is not part of real warfare that is always evolving -- martial art is after all the term for "ART of MILITARY"; certainly not exclusive to ANCIENT ASIAN MARTIAL ARTS.

Why do I have to prove I am? I am specifically on here as a nobody. I don't have to prove that I'm nobody. You're on here claiming to be someone.

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It might do you good to look at this from other people's perspective. On this forum there are a lot of people who have been practicing the Martial Arts for a long time, and are well connected as a result of it. Then along you come as a complete nobody telling us you are someone of importance and automatically expect us to show you utmost respect. Sorry but that's not the way it works here.

Imagine if you were training in your dojo and I suddenly walked in and told you I was a Grandmaster in some ancient Japanese Martial Art, and immediately expect you to bow in respect to me, would you do it? I'd be willing to guess you wouldn't.

Here's the sad thing about all this. You didn't need to talk about your real identity at all. If all you wanted to do was discuss the validity of ninjutsu then you could have just talked about that. But instead you made the focus of your post about your identity and are then surprised that people ask for proof.

As other people have said, we don't care who you are and aren't going to hang on your every word just because you think you are somebody in the Martial Arts world.

First off if we want to compare this thread to entering a dojo then you walked into mine. You did it by being condescending to assert dominance over me. If you can't or are unwilling to discuss the tropic but rather choose to obfuscate its validity in order to I suspect protect your hidden agenda, you need not be present since you fail to join the real discussion. My personal curiosity is if anyone out there in the Martail Talk world is willing to discuss the topic myth intelligently rather than attempt to play schoolmaster when they are obviously a student in need of a real education.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
First off the thread is called Fact vs Fiction.

The first discussion point is now seemingly being overshadowed by the gossipy talk of haters who expect me to defend a reputation not in need of defending.

If you check Facebook I had by my last count years ago 47 false profiles using my name. If you find it necessary to prove I am who I say I am I suggest you do likewise, first. Post a photo of yourself holding your passport or valid license, ID card… not hide behind an avatar and made up name then challenge my veracity.

Out of respect with regard to how is it possible to attain the 56 KO record in a single tournament that was raised, well obvious to me that question betrays a level of ignorance. It says about the person asking it they apparently are not familiar with the traditional practice of Kumite. Case in point, Mas Oyama fought over 100 full contact tournament matches in a single day.

Oyama did this 3 times in his life time but that goes unchallenged here… why?

Gossip, speculation and hearsay is not part of the Traditional Karate World he is a part of -- where respect for self and others is taught and is paramount. Martial Art Defining Qualities not taught by self professed traditional NInja's, whose Supreme Grandmasters had insisted and characterized from their earliest beginnings that Ninjutsu was a martial art (when it is not). And with its rabid commercialization personally attacking and obfuscating anyone who dare present a threat to their false dogma, elite status -- viewed competition in their marketplace who were contractually not allowed to be featured in prominent martial art trad magazines when this sham first appeared.

So I put it to you all again is it fact or fiction that purity is really necessary in calling oneself a martial artist or advance oneself as one. I say NO WAY as purity has more to do with being part of a historical society or club and is not part of real warfare that is always evolving -- martial art is after all the term for Art of War; certainly not exclusive to ANCIENT ASIAN MARTIAL ARTS.

There’s absolutely no ignorance in my asking how you could have 56 consecutive KOs in a single tournament. Citing Oyama’s 100 man kumite is showing ignorance on your part. Allow me to elaborate...

The 100 man kumite is NOT a tournament. It is a single karateka fighting 100 consecutive opponents. The only way to advance in the 100 man kumite is to beat or draw each opponent. It is not a tournament, as there’s no winners nor losers. The person either completes it or it stops.

A tournament is where multiple competitors face off. The last one standing WINS. Any one of the competitors can win. If the person attempting the 100 man kumite doesn’t win or tie against an opponent, it is over. No one else keeps going.

Oyama faced 100 karateka each day for 3 consecutive days. No one else was trying this at the same time. If he lost a round, someone wouldn’t have stood in and finished where he left off and been declared the winner.

Being a former Kyokushin offshoot student, I know exactly what the 100 man kumite is and is not. I myself had to complete a 25 man kumite for my shodan promotion. Claiming I had 25 consecutive KOs in a tournament because I completed the 25 man kumite would be absurd. Why? Because IT’S NOT A TOURNAMENT.*

*I used bold there because I can’t italicize.

If you’re saying you did a 56 man kumite, as in Kyokushin’s 100 man kumite (or however many), I wouldn’t have a question. Saying 56 consecutive KOs in a single tournament is quite different. That means there had to be 56 rounds in a single elimination tournament, ending with 2 fighters in the finals who’ve beaten everyone they faced. Someone somewhere did the math behind a 56 round single elimination tournament. The number of competitors needed for a tournament that large was in the millions. The only way to have less people in a tournament where the winner would have to compete 56 times in a single tournament is a round robin tournament. But the numbers would still be astronomical.

I was genuinely asking how you could have 56 KOs in a single tournament in a respectful way. Can you please explain it respectfully? A tournament and a 100 man or even more kumite are completely different things. No one attacked Oyama’s claim because his claim makes sense. Anyone who knows how the 100 man kumite actually works knows it’s possible. Anyone who knows how a tournament works knows 56 rounds in a tournament is logistically near impossible.

I’m just respectfully asking how the tournament you claim was set up because I don’t know. I know how 100 +/- man kumites are set up.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
First off if we want to compare this thread to entering a dojo then you walked into mine. You did it by being condescending to assert dominance over me. If you can't or are unwilling to discuss the tropic but rather choose to obfuscate its validity in order to I suspect protect your hidden agenda, you need not be present since you fail to join the real discussion. My personal curiosity is if anyone out there in the Martail Talk world is willing to discuss the topic myth intelligently rather than attempt to play schoolmaster when they are obviously a student in need of a real education.

This thread exists within the community of Martial Talk. You are an unknown entity here. Even if people have heard of who you're claiming to be (which a lot of us haven't), we don't know for sure who you are.

What you have done is come on and say you are someone famous, rant about people pretending to be you, and then...honestly I don't know what the rest of your thread was about. I got hung up on how arrogant you were and I think everyone else did, too.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am specifically on here as a nobody

except the very first thing your wrote was .....
"I hope you will excuse my novice beginnings. In the past I watched Frank Dux impersonators go on threads to exploit my celebrity in order to drive traffic to them. Shammus was one such blog thread. Generally, making use of sensationalism., slander, libel and obfuscation others commercially uplift themselves at my hard earned reputation.

Even when reading a thread here about Beginning Ninjutsu, I, am trade libeled by being labeled "illegitimate."

seems to me the reason you are here is to talk about some guy named Frank Purdue.. i mean Dux.
if you want to talk about ninjustsu then stick the the topic.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

First of all, I suggest you take off the tin foil hat you are wearing and actually read what other people have written. There is no conspiracy against you, no "hidden agenda" so please take that out of your mind, because right now I am losing my patience. I do not take kindly to you accusing me of being unwilling to discuss your topic when I was the first person to reply to your thread and I chose to ignore your rant about impersonators and stuck to the topic you wanted to discuss. Please bare that in mind when you next begin typing. Claiming that we are "students in need of a real education" from you is not going to help your case either. As I said before, there are many people on this forum who have spent decades practising the Martial Arts, and if you want them to listen to you and take you seriously, I would suggest not speaking to them in such a manner. You talk about being condescending and trying to assert dominance, when that is exactly what you have just done in your post.

I have a question for you. What do impersonators and your true identity have to do with Myths surrounding the Martial Arts? You could have easily just asked your question and left out the rant about impersonators and your real identity and I'm sure everyone would have gone along with it and we would have had a very nice conversation. Now though you have succeeded on pissing off quite a few of us to the point where we don't even want to speak to you. Was that what you wanted?

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Why do I have to prove I am? I am specifically on here as a nobody. I don't have to prove that I'm nobody. You're on here claiming to be someone.

No Im here not hiding like some coward behind an avatar using an alias. I make myself accountable by doing so whereas you skirt the issue and perhaps all that betrays your level of understanding with regards to this topic and others so that may role play you speak with an authoritarian voice when you should be asking questions or sharing what you believe to be true. Its shameful you feel inclined to remain a nobody as everyone has real value and everyone's voice, thoughts and good deeds has value for others who honor the truth.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No Im here not hiding like some coward behind an avatar using an alias. I make myself accountable by doing so whereas you skirt the issue and perhaps all that betrays your level of understanding with regards to this topic and others so that may role play you speak with an authoritarian voice when you should be asking questions or sharing what you believe to be true. Its shameful you feel inclined to remain a nobody as everyone has real value and everyone's voice, thoughts and good deeds has value for others who honor the truth.

I'm not hiding behind anything. I just don't have anything to prove by saying who I am. I'm here to discuss martial arts, not how awesome I think I am.

For the record, my Grandma has at least 3 impersonators on Facebook, so I don't think that's a huge selling point.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
except the very first thing your wrote was .....
"I hope you will excuse my novice beginnings. In the past I watched Frank Dux impersonators go on threads to exploit my celebrity in order to drive traffic to them. Shammus was one such blog thread. Generally, making use of sensationalism., slander, libel and obfuscation others commercially uplift themselves at my hard earned reputation.

seems to me the reason you are here is to talk about some guy named Frank Purdue.. i mean Dux.
if you want to talk about ninjustsu then stick the the topic.

Hoshin, you're mixing quotes. I'm the one who said I was on here as a nobody, not the OP.

OP
Frank Dux

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
First of all, I suggest you take off the tin foil hat you are wearing and actually read what other people have written. There is no conspiracy against you, no "hidden agenda" so please take that out of your mind, because right now I am losing my patience. I do not take kindly to you accusing me of being unwilling to discuss your topic when I was the first person to reply to your thread and I chose to ignore your rant about impersonators and stuck to the topic you wanted to discuss. Please bare that in mind when you next begin typing. Claiming that we are "students in need of a real education" from you is not going to help your case either. As I said before, there are many people on this forum who have spent decades practising the Martial Arts, and if you want them to listen to you and take you seriously, I would suggest not speaking to them in such a manner. You talk about being condescending and trying to assert dominance, when that is exactly what you have just done in your post.

I have a question for you. What do impersonators and your true identity have to do with Myths surrounding the Martial Arts? You could have easily just asked your question and left out the rant about impersonators and your real identity and I'm sure everyone would have gone along with it and we would have had a very nice conversation. Now though you have succeeded on pissing off quite a few of us to the point where we don't even want to speak to you. Was that what you wanted?

I detect either a breakdown in communication or what seems to be back peddling on your part. If you Midnight are being earnest I offer my apologies,. Unintentionally, offending others is what I expected being a novice when it comes to chats and following forum protocols.

Nonetheless, you appear to me to be condescending in your tone towards me. As I recall I did not mention anything about gossip surrounding myself until the door was being opened to what traditionally follows and I took the liberty of closing that door with my explanation. One that includes addressing the innuendo being circulated all over this forum that has not dealt with me fairly. Calling attention to the source of it so that all unaware of that reality may proceed without revisiting it and stay on topic.

Latest Discussions