Ever had to use it?

Reaction score
Have you ever been confronted with a situation where you had to use your Kung Fu abilities? What led up to it and what happened? Personally, I avoid trouble as much as possible, even when it stares at me in the face, I always try to 'disarm it at the core,' so I have never been faced with a problem like this.

Street Brawler

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have you ever been confronted with a situation where you had to use your Kung Fu abilities? What led up to it and what happened? Personally, I avoid trouble as much as possible, even when it stares at me in the face, I always try to 'disarm it at the core,' so I have never been faced with a problem like this.

Avioding trouble has limits:shooter: . Sometime you avoid something by sacrifying certain things. In these casses, you have to fight, otherwise you will lose things you like. Train really good for real fights, and spar regularly. I know that sparring is not like the real fight, but it gives you the chance to feel the effect of tension and awarness to your body for a real fight.:ultracool

OP
T
Reaction score
Avioding trouble has limits:shooter: . Sometime you avoid something by sacrifying certain things. In these casses, you have to fight, otherwise you will lose things you like. Train really good for real fights, and spar regularly. I know that sparring is not like the real fight, but it gives you the chance to feel the effect of tension and awarness to your body for a real fight.:ultracool

The point is not to avoid trouble, but to face it head on, neutralizing it with positive energy. If someone is getting up in my face and spouting insults and threats, what he wants is for me to get upset, lose my balance, and join him in his game. What I hope to do is to turn it around on him by being understanding, calm, collected and rational. By understanding his position and accepting or affirming it, I can neutralize his attack and then by offering him peace and well being, destroy his intention at its core. I know that some people cannot be reasoned with, some situations cannot be escaped, etc. etc., but I will try everything I can before I am forced to do something I may regret.

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score

A Couple of times, it wasn't like the movies ;) . The reality is, aas much as humanly possible I try to avoid trouble, sometimes that, however is hard to do (considering I have worked both as a youth worker and a security guard). The moral of the story prepare to be ready, pray you dont have to be, when you see trouble coming, walk the other way, because no matter how good you are, fighting is not a pretty or wholesome experiance

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Avoiding trouble is the first tenet of any martial art. I had some care in the community guy eyeing me up at the traffic lights outside my work last night, staring at me, slighly behind me and to my right. I just let him cross the road first, told my mate about him, and kept a beady eye on him. He came back towards us at one point, I tracked him walking towards me, I rated the threat from him as medium to high, and would have moved like lightning and smacked him had he have shown any aggression. I'm not gonna end up in a body bag, or some police assault statistic just to assuage the PC brigade.

Latest Discussions