EOTech, Bushnell, Aimpoint or go cheap?

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I shoot mainly irons but I'm planning on getting an optic for my flat top AR. I shot another guys AR with the EOTech and the rectical took some getting used to. its a small 1 MOA dot encircled by a big ring. But it is pretty fast, you can shoot with 2 eyes open with no parellex error.

What do you guys recommend? The EOTech is nice, it can co-witness the irons (I have a fold-down rear sight) just by screwing it on, or you can add a riser and cowitness in the lower portion of the lense (if needed). The Busnell Holosight looks to be related to the EOTech without the protective hood and I think its less ruggedized, but its also $100 cheaper. Haven't had much experience with the Aimpoint but alot of people like them. Another option is to go cheap and get a Hakko aimpoint clone or a Simmons Pro Diamond (standard scope).

Gun will be used pimarily for 3 gun competitions at ranges from several feet out to 100 yards, so I'm looking for a 1x power. Speed is more important than pinpoint accuracy. I'm not in the service or LE, but it would be nice to have an optic I could rely on in SHTF/defensive type scenerios. Gun doesn't get too beatup in competition, maybe banged into a barracade or dropped down on a table but nothing like realword use.

If you've ever used any of these optics or have any alternatives I'd like to here your opinions.

Thanks,

Andy

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Go with the EOtech. You'll save some money if you go with the one that isn't NOD compatible. I have two of the myself.

Jeff

Latest Discussions