Empty Hand to Clinch

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across some random fun two on one stuff.

That first one is pretty close to the Elbow Chop application I mentioned. I shift to controlling the elbow from underneath and connect it to my center. Otherwise, pretty much the same thing. I like the throw - a good extension of our Over the Back throw (some lazy naming in NGA) - I'm going to want to work on that one.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That first one is pretty close to the Elbow Chop application I mentioned. I shift to controlling the elbow from underneath and connect it to my center. Otherwise, pretty much the same thing. I like the throw - a good extension of our Over the Back throw (some lazy naming in NGA) - I'm going to want to work on that one.

They are not throws I would learn for practicality, in that they would take too long to learn from a position I don't get too often. But definitely some cool ideas there.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are not throws I would learn for practicality, in that they would take too long to learn from a position I don't get too often. But definitely some cool ideas there.
That particular throw is one of the easiest I know of. And with the way we (me and the folks I train) move and manipulate folks, it's closer to more common positions for us.

Latest Discussions