Edged Weapons

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
SL, I'm not sure where you're coming from, but it's a very strange place indeed. Never try to defend yourself? What do you do when you can't outrun the other guy or it's someone who has a reason to go after you personally or there's someone else to defend? Do you just roll over and die?

Hello, I a little loss here? ...nor sure what you are asking? We practice knife defence,...showing the back of our arms...came from our Professor a few years ago at a Seminar. (If we are unarm) or just one arm is the other has a knife.

We practice alot of different ways to defend against the knife, takeways, takedowns, locks, breaks as well as how to use the knife in a fight....hence "C" cutting,weaving,etc....(NOTE: our club and gun defense is almost the same as the knife defences...just minior changes here and there...)

Most experts including our Professor...mentions if one can escape first...this is best way to survival......If NO choice find things to equalize the situation in your flavor!

Thank-you.....I am not very good at putting ALL my thoughts down correctly and rightly....by the many misunderstood feedbacks.....SORRY!

Just trying to share my thoughts..........Aloha ( I lost my knife my pocket knife, the one you can open with one hand...short blade...need to get another one....left handed one too!

Aloha

PS: VERBAL JUDO....can help in those situations too! ( Out running the other person....usually is a good win-win uless they know who you are and where you live or can find you? )

Palms facing you or palms out? ....experiment with this method of defending against a knife? ...Which side is better to received the cut? ....both ways still gives you a chance to do your techniques....

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone have the video clip showing him covering 21 or so feet and stabbing the cop before he can pull his gun?

What is a "C" cut? All those fancy names for cuts and ideas of how to hurt or kill some on with a knife are funny. If someone is going to try and kill you with a knife they will put it in you or cut you wide open with it. All they fancy stuff goes out the window in reality.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the video clip showing him covering 21 or so feet and stabbing the cop before he can pull his gun?

I don't. Unfortunately, the link I posted it only a portion of the Edged Weapons video. What you're looking for is on the full video tape.

What is a "C" cut? All those fancy names for cuts and ideas of how to hurt or kill some on with a knife are funny. If someone is going to try and kill you with a knife they will put it in you or cut you wide open with it. All they fancy stuff goes out the window in reality.

IMO, the average person will do what you describe...try to stab you with that knife. However, if someone knows how to use a knife, they just may try that 'fancy stuff', considering that from what I've seen, the average MA school covers the basic defenses. Many times they neglect the fact that the attacker has two hands and will most likely use his other hand in his assault on you. The FMAs are big into using both hands.

Mike

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I do not have that one but have seen one put out I belive by the Chec police, I'll see if I can find it later today, if no one comes up with one

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's called the Tueller Drill. It's a staple of firearms training. Two students are placed seven yards apart. One has a knife. The other has a holstered pistol. On a signal the first tries to close and stab. The second tries to draw and fire. The one with the knife almost always succeeds. Other studies have shown that when the knife wileder goes on his own timing the dangerous range increases significantly.