Ed Parker Jnr Black Belt Certificate

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone have an image of the Ed Parker Jnr black belt certificate? I would like to show it to a friend of mine, but Ed Parker Jnr's website doesn't seem to have anything on it anymore (I'm sure there used to be a little image on there of it somewhere?)

Thanks,

Ian.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by satans.barber
Does anyone have an image of the Ed Parker Jnr black belt certificate? I would like to show it to a friend of mine, but Ed Parker Jnr's website doesn't seem to have anything on it anymore (I'm sure there used to be a little image on there of it somewhere?)

Thanks,

Ian.
I promoted Edmund to black in 1991. Why do you need a copy of his diploma?

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doc
I promoted Edmund to black in 1991. Why do you need a copy of his diploma?

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear there - I meant the one that Ed Parker Junior did the art work for, rather than his actual certificate. It's got some dragons and things on...

The reason is that a group of us at our school are getting ready to grade for black belt, as I've mentioned, and this last week I've been discussing our current certificate with my fellow instructor, because basically it's pretty crap! I was telling him about the beautiful and high standard ones that some people have, and was mentioning the one that EPJ designed, but couldn't find the small graphic of it to send him as an example.

Hope that clearer,

Ian.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear there - I meant the one that Ed Parker Junior did the art work for, rather than his actual certificate. It's got some dragons and things on...

The reason is that a group of us at our school are getting ready to grade for black belt, as I've mentioned, and this last week I've been discussing our current certificate with my fellow instructor, because basically it's pretty crap! I was telling him about the beautiful and high standard ones that some people have, and was mentioning the one that EPJ designed, but couldn't find the small graphic of it to send him as an example.

Hope that clearer,

Ian.

Heres the one he did for the WMAA:
http://wmarnis.com/fedblackbelts.html

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score

Hope that clearer,

Ian.
My suggestion is you contact Edmund directly. [email protected]
He's an accomplished illustrator and I'm sure he would design a diplomas for you, as well as provide samples of his previous work. Tell him I sentcha.

W

warriorsage

I'm not much of an artist, but I do fancy myself a designer and a creative person. If you are looking for something unique, I might be able to show some very cool things. Once you have the artwork you want, you might consider having your certificates laser-etched on a piece of acryllic (think "plastic glass"), or possibly marble. Our new laser is arriving in the shop any day now and it is capable of engraving photo-quality detail on a wide variety of products. It's kinda hard to describe what I'm imagining, but as soon as I have the laser setup, I'm going to crank out something. I'll be sure to post a picture of it.

Good luck with your black belt tests.

Ron

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by warriorsage
I'm not much of an artist, but I do fancy myself a designer and a creative person. If you are looking for something unique, I might be able to show some very cool things. Once you have the artwork you want, you might consider having your certificates laser-etched on a piece of acryllic (think "plastic glass"), or possibly marble. Our new laser is arriving in the shop any day now and it is capable of engraving photo-quality detail on a wide variety of products. It's kinda hard to describe what I'm imagining, but as soon as I have the laser setup, I'm going to crank out something. I'll be sure to post a picture of it.

Ron
Trust the Warriorsage. If he says it, bank on it. The quality of his products are exemplary.

(excuse the commercial, celebrity endorement uncompensated))

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV

Ron
Can the laser etcher do exact replicas?

W

warriorsage

Hey Seig,

The quality of artwork produced is truly amazing. I have a piece of granite with Elizabeth Hurley's face etched into it. It looks like a greyscale photo. I know that you can take just about any file and send it right to the laser. No need to recreate things, like an embroiderer (for instance) has to reformat your work to prepare it for stitches.

I was just on the web hunting down future suppliers and came across this site: laserbits

It has sample of material with etching on it. look in the new products section and check out the "zebra" etch.

If you (or anyone else) want to discuss these ideas in greater depth, email me, so we can get this thread back on track (I know, I know, I started it).

Ron

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
While we were in San Fransisco on our trip last year there was a shop on one of the piers where they took a photo of you and then a machine etched it into crystal...I thought it was a nice idea until I saw the price!

Unfortunately none of us testing have much money, and the test itself is costly, so we won't be having anything bespoke made. I'm going to try and make one myself if possible, which won't cost anything but time, but I don't know how good it'll be!

I've sent my friend that ASC certificate though, that's the sort of example I was wanting, thanks.

Ian.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Our new laser is arriving in the shop any day now and it is capable of engraving photo-quality detail on a wide variety of products. It's kinda hard to describe what I'm imagining, but as soon as I have the laser setup, I'm going to crank out something. I'll be sure to post a picture of it.

I want to see this picture when it is ready. :asian:

Latest Discussions