DVD Creation and Video Editing

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am looking for some software....Primarily, I would like a more functional DVD creation tool. I have the one that came with my Video camera, but it allows VERY little customization of the DVD menus. Basically, you can name the title page and that is it. You can't name the chapters, can't add pictures, can't select order of videos....

Also, if you have any tips on good video editing software that would help. for some reason, Microsoft Movie maker won't import any of my videos (MPEG format). I don't need much, just trimming, possibly fades and adding clips together.

Another add on...if you have anything that will convert video format (MPEG2->AVI->MPEG, etc). THANKS in advance for the suggestions.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been pleased with Pinnacle's Studio..... There's a lot of add-ons, but they cost. The bare version of Studio is just fine for about 80 - 85% usage, and works great. YOu probably can find a demo version that you can try.

Remember that you have to have a computer that can run the rendering, or it's going to take a while....

/Yari

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The vision software in the Nero suite is also very good.
It's easy to use , has plenty of options and gives great results. :)

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For anyone who cares...I just bought Roxio MyDVDStudio 9 for about $30 and it is GREAT.

It has a very good menu tool that helps you create your own customizable menus, burns DVDs, edits the video, even lets you make video menus. Good all around program for the price.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been pleased with Pinnacle's Studio..... There's a lot of add-ons, but they cost. The bare version of Studio is just fine for about 80 - 85% usage, and works great. YOu probably can find a demo version that you can try.

Remember that you have to have a computer that can run the rendering, or it's going to take a while....

/Yari
I used this software to great success for 5-7 videos...Awesome editing capabilities fades, music overlays, etc....
I did have a problem (suddenly) with getting the camera (analog) to be recognized. Spoke with their tech support , got a free upgrade...and still couldn't get it to work....If you're using digital, maybe you'll have better luck....I finally gave up...I know use what is built into the camera and burn using my DVD recorder....

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I used this software to great success for 5-7 videos...Awesome editing capabilities fades, music overlays, etc....
I did have a problem (suddenly) with getting the camera (analog) to be recognized. Spoke with their tech support , got a free upgrade...and still couldn't get it to work....If you're using digital, maybe you'll have better luck....I finally gave up...I know use what is built into the camera and burn using my DVD recorder....

I've never tried there support, but always went to the user forum. And they have a great deal of good people there.

/Yari

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I use Nero for burning CDs, DVDs and migrating VHS tapes to DVD via an external video card - very versatile.

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The nero vision software is indeed GREAT!
I use it to grab video from analog sources and put it on dvd :)

Latest Discussions