Drunken Style Kung Fu

W

white mantis

Hi guys, White Mantis here again just wondering if anyone knew any good Drunken style Kung Fu shcools Preferably in the Ft. Worth/Dallas TX area.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We've had a few discussions on this before, not neccessarily this location, but about drunken styles. I don't know of any schools that teach primarily drunken styles. We learn some drunken forms later in our advanced class at my school, but I haven't heard of a school who teaches only drunken forms.

7sm

OP
W

WLMantisKid

The only completely drunken style I know of is one taught by Troy Dunwood. But even so, you'll still learn basic kung fu far before you start learning how to stumble around like a drunken fool. The style it self takes great amounts of muscle control and power.

OP
W

white mantis

WLMantisKid said:
The only completely drunken style I know of is one taught by Troy Dunwood. But even so, you'll still learn basic kung fu far before you start learning how to stumble around like a drunken fool. The style it self takes great amounts of muscle control and power.
Thank you for your reply do know where Troy Dunwood is located

OP
W

WLMantisKid

No clue, I know Texas has a lot of MA schools, look around.

If all else fails - find a style that has drunken forms and work your way towards those.

OP
W

white mantis

WLMantisKid said:
No clue, I know Texas has a lot of MA schools, look around.

If all else fails - find a style that has drunken forms and work your way towards those.
Thank you very much for your help. 7 Star Praying Mantis does have 1 Drunken form I think so I'll work my way up to that thanks again.

OP
W

WLMantisKid

Sure, no problem.

Wah Lum also has a drunken form, although I've never seen it.

OP
F

FasterthanDeath

When I was 12yrs old I was taught drunken combat applications and never learned the form. My Teacher thought I would be bored with something I could never use. So he incorporated drunken style moves and self-defense to keep me interested. He then taught me how to incorporate it in the rest of my comabt training. It was the opposite of every combat principal that I was taught. But it is effective. My teacher died two years ago and was from chicago. I live in Mansfield, where abouts in DFW do u live?

OP
W

white mantis

FasterthanDeath said:
When I was 12yrs old I was taught drunken combat applications and never learned the form. My Teacher thought I would be bored with something I could never use. So he incorporated drunken style moves and self-defense to keep me interested. He then taught me how to incorporate it in the rest of my comabt training. It was the opposite of every combat principal that I was taught. But it is effective. My teacher died two years ago and was from chicago. I live in Mansfield, where abouts in DFW do u live?
I don't live in the DFW area. I live out past decatour in wise County.

Latest Discussions