Drone Pilot Finds A River Of Blood

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People need to learn that cameras are going to be literally everywhere. So if they're doing wrong then they best hide it a helluva lot better than ever before.
The drone hobbyist says he captured the footage from the plant using only a point and shoot camera and a $75 airframe.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...ood-outside-dallas-meatpacking-155450010.html

This is about photography and how it can when honestly done, reveal the truth.
Environmental discussion, if so desired, should be another thread please. :asian:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are good things and bad things aspects regarding the notion that every citizen is a journalist, every cell phone a camera. Things only get more interesting from here.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Forbes magazine has an interesting take on the story, that touches on the use of drones (OK for amateurs taking photos for non-commercial use, not OK for businesses or commercial use)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Its hard to tell where the blood is coming from. I guess maybe a pipeline underground?
The problem I see with all these pictures and video clips is there is no way to tell if they are real or how they were edited and whats been left out until the damage is done. You can post a edited picture smearing someone or something and it may take a few days to weeks foir the truth to come out by then its too late.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Its hard to tell where the blood is coming from. I guess maybe a pipeline underground?
The problem I see with all these pictures and video clips is there is no way to tell if they are real or how they were edited and whats been left out until the damage is done. You can post a edited picture smearing someone or something and it may take a few days to weeks foir the truth to come out by then its too late.

well, yes, that is a concern, however 'rivers of blood' was one of the environmental concerns that got a meat packing plant in Kaufman, Tx in trouble.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

The concern is that the blood is being dumped illegally in to the Trinity River.

http://securitymanagement.com/news/...t-uncover-river-contamination-009456?page=0,0

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/01/25/potential-drone-use-finding-rivers-of-blood/

I agree with you about the smearing of someone, but while the digital era has made it easier to smear someone with photoshop, the digital era has also made fact-checking faster and more thorogh than ever before. Its a paradigm shift.

Latest Discussions