Dr. Gyi Bando Seminar, Lansing, MI. Nov.

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I would like to inform everyone of the upcoming Dr. Gyi Seminar, Hosted by Guro Scott VanDerzee, hope to see you all there?

Brief Background

The use of clubs, sticks or staff in combat is as old as human history. Every human culture has its own unique way of using the staff or stick for self-defense against wild animals, human attacks and natural forces.

Filipino Kali, Indian Lahti, Okinawan Bo, Chinese Staff and others have elevated the techniques of stick-fighting to the highest level of martial arts.

BANDO DHOT OR STICK SYSTEMS

The Bando Dhot system is not as refined, elaborate or sophisticated as the systems mentioned above. The Dhot system is divided into three major parts:
1) Long Staff 6'to9'
2) Medium Stick 3' to 5'
3) Short Stick 6" to 2'

Bando combat stick training covers:
1) Striking and thrusting techniques
2) Blocking and parrying techniques
3) Trapping and disarming techniques
4) Holding techniques [head, neck, body, legs, arms and fingers
5) Walking, carrying, lifting, digging and climbing techniques
6) Yoga stretching and strengthening techniques

On Sunday Dr. Gyi will take the group through a Yoga set that everybody finds interesting. Dr. Gyi shares with us skills for self-defense and the healing art's.

MODERN ARNIS

Also Sunday Guro Scott VanDerzee will be teaching Tapi-Tapi Remy A. Presas Style.

Date: November 23 and 24
Price: $70 a day or $110 for both
Time: Saturday 10 a.m. to 5:30 - 1hr.30min. lunch.
Sunday 9 to 11 a.m. Yoga session, 45 min. break then Professor Presas Tapi-Tapi 11:30 to 3:30. Celebrating the Professor's life.

7501 W. Saginaw Highway
Lansing Mi. 48917
517 627 3211
Call hotel for a special rate on rooms if you would like to stay for Sunday. Just say Modern Arnis.

or for more information or to contact me visit:

www.sterlingzendo.com

Sincerely,

Enoch T. Carlton

OP
Seigi

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope to meet many of you this weekend at Dr. Gyi's Seminar.

Peace

Enoch T. Carlton

Latest Discussions