Don't put your business partner in a choke.

Marcy Shoberg

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
May we have an exception if our business partners wish for us to put them in a choke so they can practice getting out of it?
What about if we are helping our business partners improve their ability to play fighting sports that involve chokes?

Christian Soldier

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think the main lesson is be very carefull with choke holds and don't underestimate the governments will to make more money.

Perhaps it's from all of the crime shows I watched, but I think the co-owner was darting for the main job anyway and having your partener almost kill you is a perfect opertunity to take command. ;)

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think the main lesson is be very carefull with choke holds and don't underestimate the governments will to make more money.

Perhaps it's from all of the crime shows I watched, but I think the co-owner was darting for the main job anyway and having your partener almost kill you is a perfect opertunity to take command. ;)

Who knows, maybe the choked-out partner had it coming. Doesn't really matter though. Now the guy doing the choking is in a very bad spot, and is lucky that the "loser" in this exchange didn't suffer more serious injuries. There's the fantasy in which you whip someone's butt and are the hero. Then there's reality.

Interesting how actually beating somebody up, outside of a real self-defense situation, usually turns out worse for the "winner". That's something all MA-ists need to keep in mind, and teach to our students.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
in my state chokes and strangles are a specific crime, also attempted murder charges can be filed in most states if you put a choke on. initiation of a choke or strangle is initiation of deadly force in every state as far as I know.

Latest Discussions