Do you use the figure eight pattern with your fists?

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
.... I have no idea what numbers you are referring to.
No problem. Most systems of FMA use numbered systems to describe striking angles, often with a total of 12 strikes being identified and numbered. And many use the same numbers for the first five angles. But after that they diverge.

I use the numbering system that I trained with the DTE (Direct Torres Escrima) group here. There is no reason why you would know those, which is why I also included physical descriptions of the strikes. When I trained with Rene Latosa, he never bothered with any numbering system. He just described or else demonstrated the strike he had in mind.

Shatteredzen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
No problem. Most systems of FMA use numbered systems to describe striking angles, often with a total of 12 strikes being identified and numbered. And many use the same numbers for the first five angles. But after that they diverge.

I use the numbering system that I trained with the DTE (Direct Torres Escrima) group here. There is no reason why you would know those, which is why I also included physical descriptions of the strikes. When I trained with Rene Latosa, he never bothered with any numbering system. He just described or else demonstrated the strike he had in mind.
Gotcha, also, that explains why I have seen people from other schools practicing a different pattern than mine, we referred to the 6 heaven (although I have heard the term) as "the six strike method" I saw a guy do an eight count one but it looked clunky and when we did some stick to stick with him my fifth and sixth strike would routinely pass through his guard because of the difference in angles so I just discounted it as an oddity.

Latest Discussions