Do you use technology to improve your Martial Art's skills?`

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am joking😉

Noise cancellation?…like a humbucker? A hair scrunchy wrapped around the nut? Do share a link of you Youtube clip. I play guitar too!
Hi, this is my design, the video is old back in 2014. It's for ANY single coil pickups.

It is for single coil pickup using the original pickup. The signal does NOT go through any electronics, so the sound remains the same. Humbucker sounds muffled. You lost the sparkles of the single coil.

I showed the sound between with and without noise cancellation, you can hear the sound is EXACTLY the same. The other thing is even if the battery runs out, you can still play the guitar, just no noise cancellation. So you don't have to worry about the guitar die on you on stage in the middle of the song when the battery dies.

The amp I am using is my designed. you can hear the sound clean up really good when I turn the volume on the guitar down, not like those MESA that when you turn the volume down, it's very muffled.

I designed a power scaling of guitar amps also in 1978, too bad I was too young and too poor to know to patent it. A company in Canada patented the same idea in the 90s. Here are two solos I played in 1978 with my first amp that was 50W but turn down to about 6 or 7W. You can hear the sound. It's recorded by a hand held cassette, so the quality is bad:

Now, don't laugh, remember these were recorded 45 years ago, guitar playing evolved a long ways since then, so judge me by the 70s standard.

I quit because I found my ultimate passion.....ELECTRONICS, starting from designing this first amp. I quit music because I don't have time for that anymore. It is still my passion after a full career. Now, I am designing extreme high end hifi power amps. I might be thinking about a patent of some of my ideas.

Last edited:

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ok, ok….much against the advice of my patent lawyer…

View attachment 28795
It is made of milled aluminium and internally, each end is semi-mirrored. Quantumised particles…possibly leptonic quarkinooks…are introduced through a small aperture and bounce back and forth inside, accumulating velocity and hence energy (remember, E=mc3… yes, Einstein got it wrong). At a critical energy, the leptonic quarkinooks escape the semi-mirrored internal surface and radiate outward. This beam is then shone upon a desired muscle group…quadriceps for example…and immediately ones roundhouse kicks devastatingly improve….by 50-87% at least.

I’m working on the details of the quarkinook injection liberator in an attempt to avoid Pauli’s blasted exclusion principle effects and the design of the box in which it’ll be sold. I’m thinking purple and orange….🤔
OH NO, I am terribly SORRY, I should NOT make you to show your product before you are granted a patent. I am sorry about that.

I was quiet as a mouse until I got my patent.

SORRY.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my design, the video is old back in 2014. It's for ANY single coil pickups.

It is for single coil pickup using the original pickup. The signal does NOT go through any electronics, so the sound remains the same. Humbucker sounds muffled. You lost the sparkles of the single coil.

I showed the sound between with and without noise cancellation, you can hear the sound is EXACTLY the same. The other thing is even if the battery runs out, you can still play the guitar, just no noise cancellation. So you don't have to worry about the guitar die on you on stage in the middle of the song when the battery dies.

The amp I am using is my designed. you can hear the sound clean up really good when I turn the volume on the guitar down, not like those MESA that when you turn the volume down, it's very muffled.

I designed a power scaling of guitar amps also in 1978, too bad I was too young and too poor to know to patent it. A company in Canada patented the same idea in the 90s. Here are two solos I played in 1978 with my first amp that was 50W but turn down to about 6 or 7W. You can hear the sound. It's recorded by a hand held cassette, so the quality is bad:

Now, don't laugh, remember these were recorded 45 years ago, guitar playing evolved a long ways since then, so judge me by the 70s standard.

I quit because I found my ultimate passion.....ELECTRONICS, starting from designing this first amp. I quit music because I don't have time for that anymore. It is still my passion after a full career. Now, I am designing extreme high end hifi power amps. I might be thinking about a patent of some of my ideas.
I’m astonished! 😳 I hope you’re now a multimillionaire after Fender et.al have bought your design! It’s fantastic!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH NO, I am terribly SORRY, I should NOT make you to show your product before you are granted a patent. I am sorry about that.

I was quiet as a mouse until I got my patent.

SORRY.
Alan0352, I am joking about my device. It doesn’t exist nor will it ever. Your noise cancellation circuit, on the other hand is truly amazing!🙏🏽

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I’m astonished! 😳 I hope you’re now a multimillionaire after Fender et.al have bought your design! It’s fantastic!
No!!! There's no money in this. I wrote to Fender and PRS, they were not interested. I just dropped it. Think of it, how many can you sell a year? say 1000, earn like $20(if that) each. It doesn't even worth my time.

If I want to earn more, I have to do it myself, I have to go to trade shows, dealing with musicians. Believe me, I was a working musician before, I don't like to deal with them. This is just a plaque on the wall for me. I have my own business, I don't need that. I have two other patents from my work days:
US7561438B1 - Electronic device incorporating a multilayered capacitor formed on a printed circuit board - Google Patents

I am one of the inventor in this patent when I was contracting in 2005:
David Allen REED Inventions, Patents and Patent Applications - Justia Patents Search

This is the noise cancelling patent:
US8704074B1 - Pickup system for stringed musical instruments comprises of non-humbucking pickups with noise cancelling by current injection - Google Patents

This is all fun and game for me to keep myself busy.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No!!! There's no money in this. I wrote to Fender and PRS, they were not interested. I just dropped it. Think of it, how many can you sell a year? say 1000, earn like $20(if that) each. It doesn't even worth my time.

If I want to earn more, I have to do it myself, I have to go to trade shows, dealing with musicians. Believe me, I was a working musician before, I don't like to deal with them. This is just a plaque on the wall for me. I have my own business, I don't need that. I have two other patents from my work days:
US7561438B1 - Electronic device incorporating a multilayered capacitor formed on a printed circuit board - Google Patents

I am one of the inventor in this patent when I was contracting in 2005:
David Allen REED Inventions, Patents and Patent Applications - Justia Patents Search

This is the noise cancelling patent:
US8704074B1 - Pickup system for stringed musical instruments comprises of non-humbucking pickups with noise cancelling by current injection - Google Patents

This is all fun and game for me to keep myself busy.
The problem with the guitar industry is that is’s very old fashioned and resistant to change. Did you try contacting more innovative artists like Steve Vai? Recording a single coil guitar in a studio must be really irritating. You circuit would revolutionise that process!

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The problem with the guitar industry is that is’s very old fashioned and resistant to change. Did you try contacting more innovative artists like Steve Vai? Recording a single coil guitar in a studio must be really irritating. You circuit would revolutionise that process!
Musicman has a design similar, not quite as good, it was not selling that well either. People are very resistant to change. Fender had one long time ago, that one really change the sound, they discontinued that.

This is for my own fun, People I show love it, but buying is a different story. I am surprised I got so many responds, I have not even read any of them on youtube. It's just fun and game. I moved on already.

Same as the idea on hifi power amp, there's no money. Yamaha, Onkyo etal make millions with their LOW-FI stuffs, but comes to extreme high end stuffs, there's no money in it either. But that's my interest, so I am just do it for my own satisfaction. Like I said, I have my own business, I don't need this.

Latest Discussions