discipline for the younger students

OP
J

jasonearle

thanks for all the advice. things have a gotten alot better now that they have gotten used to us and know what to expect. I feel like we are getting alot more done with them. some parents want that hardcore discipline for their little kids, which some of you know what I'm talking about, but we haven't had any significant problems with discipline for the last few weeks so we must be doing something a little better.

jenngibbs2000

White Belt
Reaction score
You need to have realistic expectations for 4-6 year-old students. They need constant movement. Various training "stations" (kicking, punching, etc.) are a great way to keep all students engaged at the same time. Rotate every 3 minutes or so.

Also, my young students love to crawl through "pad" tunnels, 1/2 moon through cones, horse-stance jump in differrent directions on pads, practice techniques on dummies, etc.

If I need them to be perfectly still, I have them sit criss-cross applesauce, with their hands on their heads. I know it sounds lame, but it works. Also, the 6-year-old students may benefit from moving up to the next age group. That age group seems to suddenly "grow up" when surrounded by older students, rather then descend to the preschool mentality of the younger students.

Hope it helps, Jenn

huntly_kickboxing

White Belt
Reaction score
Wow 4 to 6 year olds!!!! Your keen. Pressups when they play up, sit ups, burpees, group disapline when one plays up so the class is punsished for ones unruly behavior then the class will regulate the naughty ones, at the end of each session if they have been 'good' play a game of tag or dodgeball as a reward. its old fashion but if you dont instill disapline and self motivation to train at this tender age what will they be like in 5 years time??? Sorry for any spellling mistakes just down loading the spell checker!!!

Latest Discussions