Disagree with Dick? Go Directly to Jail?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Saw a blurb in this months Playboy about a guy who had some words for the VP and as a result was arrested for assault. All charges were dropped.

Heres some links, I haven't read them all fully...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5083602,00.html

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20060616/NEWS/60616011

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/05/1429248

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2006/10/03/473/90365

You have to dig pretty deep into the RMN's precious account of Howard's life of moral crusade to find this one sentence.

Later, he would recall that he may have lightly touched Cheney on the arm or shoulder because, "I remember thinking, 'He's wearing silk.' "

Hey LEOS: How many times have you heard "I hardly touched the guy"? :rofl:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey LEOS: How many times have you heard "I hardly touched the guy"? :rofl:

ROFL!!

*sigh*

After the 2000 election I received a placard from the Republican National Comittee thanking me for my dedication to a strong national defense and limited government.

Apparantly I was the only one dedicated to those ideals. Good grief this is crazy.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lets see.

He was stopped, 10 minutes later for "Assault", an assault that happened with at least 6 SS agents surrounding the 'veep', and in plain view of others.

So, it takes 10 minutes for an SS agent to determine that an assault has taken place?

All I can say is, with what I've read, it sure looks like bully tactics on the part of "DeadEye" Dick and his enforcers.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
then please read the articles:

" .... Later, he would recall that he may have lightly touched Cheney on the arm or shoulder because, "I remember thinking, 'He's wearing silk.' " The encounter was brief. In fact, according to Howards, his six words and one touch were the encounter. He kept walking with his son to rendezvous with his wife, Deborah, and younger son, Jonah. He'd done it. He'd made a statement. "

What if he were to "lightly touch" a young child or a woman would that be acceptable behavior? If you touch someone you can be arrested for physically assaulting him or her.

Only after the situation was completely analyzed - from both perspectives - and understanding the intent can an assessment be made. Once the full story was made known the man was released.

What if it were an agent of a foreign country that was looking to poison Vice President Cheney in a way similarly used to poison Nikolai Khokhlov, Georgi Markov, or Alexander Litvinenko?

Had he stood 6 feet away and yelled out his disgust there would have been no story.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm touched all the time by people, tapped on the shoulder, a light touch on the hand or shoulder. Thats a far cry from a punch or shove, or grab, IMO.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Must....resist...urge for...off-color joke....Must resist...

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
then please read the articles:

" .... Later, he would recall that he may have lightly touched Cheney on the arm or shoulder because, "I remember thinking, 'He's wearing silk.' " The encounter was brief. In fact, according to Howards, his six words and one touch were the encounter. He kept walking with his son to rendezvous with his wife, Deborah, and younger son, Jonah. He'd done it. He'd made a statement. "

What if he were to "lightly touch" a young child or a woman would that be acceptable behavior? If you touch someone you can be arrested for physically assaulting him or her.

Only after the situation was completely analyzed - from both perspectives - and understanding the intent can an assessment be made. Once the full story was made known the man was released.

What if it were an agent of a foreign country that was looking to poison Vice President Cheney in a way similarly used to poison Nikolai Khokhlov, Georgi Markov, or Alexander Litvinenko?

Had he stood 6 feet away and yelled out his disgust there would have been no story.

While you make a point that is very well taken, these people (the present Administration) have a history of having folks arrested for even wearing shirts or hats at their political events that state a point that they are opposed to as well as creating "Free Speech Zones" (the Founders considered all of the U.S. a "Free Speech Zone" - not just the enclosed areas BOTH parties like to put folks who disagree with their leader or candidate).

All of Washington D.C. (Democrats and Republicans) need to remember that they are public servants - not aristocrats - and the President and V.P. (whoever holds those positions at the time) that we got rid of our Kings and they are not Royalty.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It could have been much worse. Dick could have invited Howards on a hunting trip to talk things over... :p

Latest Discussions