Dim Mak

Ahmad

White Belt
Reaction score
Does any body know what does Dim Mak reffer to in Martial Arts???
Also i need help on the Application of Physics to martial arts......

any sort of help would be welcome.

onibaku

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I know dim mak is pressure point. But I've read a book and it says that dim mak is death punch. Another book says that the correct translation should be dar mak for death punch. I'm not sure but it certainly is related to pressure points

OP
Ahmad

Ahmad

White Belt
Reaction score
I know but the literal translation turns out to be pressure point but is it actually a practised form of MA or is it just fiction?? ive seen a few clips on it but havent heard of anybody actually practacing it.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was alway told that Dim Mark simply ment death touch or any stike that resulted in the death of your opponet. Now most people seem to feel that this means a light touch that somehow mysteriously disrupts the chi of the body or a pressure point hit that kills however I say that a punch or kicj that strikes any vital organ can cause death and it might just be a heavey solid punch or kick to the chest or head.
Way to much is over looked when talking about DimMark. almost any strike can cause death if a blood clot is caused by the strike or the spine, neck, head, or hart is the target.
Now if the original question refers to those mysterious light touches that noone sees of feels that cause death 2 or 3 days later then I leave that aspect to the movies as I doubt ther is anyone on this forum that has that type of knowledge

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was alway told that Dim Mark simply ment death touch or any stike that resulted in the death of your opponet. Now most people seem to feel that this means a light touch that somehow mysteriously disrupts the chi of the body or a pressure point hit that kills however I say that a punch or kicj that strikes any vital organ can cause death and it might just be a heavey solid punch or kick to the chest or head.
Way to much is over looked when talking about DimMark. almost any strike can cause death if a blood clot is caused by the strike or the spine, neck, head, or hart is the target.
Now if the original question refers to those mysterious light touches that noone sees of feels that cause death 2 or 3 days later then I leave that aspect to the movies as I doubt ther is anyone on this forum that has that type of knowledge
These are my thoughts exactly.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Some say it is true other say it is a science, and other believe there is pressure points for sure.

Look at all the fights in the world...professional..streets and so on....if there was a place to hit that would kill you? Than Dim Mak may have something here? (talking about those pressure points places) that are hit by accident or on purpose.

Football, rugby , boxers,thai boxers and so on...players and other aggressive sports where the bodies are hit all over.....even those pressure points? ....NO doctors will say watch out for those "dim mak" hits?

Do you see any train soldiers in any army teaching these "Dim Mak" skills? The Chinese army,Korean army,Japanese armys and others?

Remember is things like this was REAL and effective? ...our governments would know about them and use them to train our Soldiers too!

There maybe some truths to this? .....Our Doctors do not know everything about the human body? .....Your choice to choose what you want to believe?

Is there such a thing as ghost? ...UFO"S....Bermuda triangle? ...those who can predict the future and see in the past?

So many things that cannot be prove? ....and can be real?

(Is there really a god?) whose god should we believe in ? Muslin's?
Jew's, Christans's try to prove it? with solid facts? bibles are just written material that STATES stories. ...beliefs only!

Latest Discussions