Did you see the TKD matches at the games?

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
This was the question a friend mf mine trew to me a few days ago because in my city where the centralamerican and caribena games the past november. My answer was a rotund NO and my friend ask me WHY??? I told him because of work but the fact is that even this year was the WTF World Championships in Puebla about 300 Kms from my city I did not went there to see the cahmpionships and was because I am not interested in Olimpic TKD. In some way I feel a little sad not going to see the bouts but in the other hand I know I will be desapoinyed with the combats.

I am strugling about flying away from TKD and do something else or stay and try to teach my way giving more credit to the martial/self defense aspect of TKD.

Manny

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Manny,
I'd like to ask what would you travel to see? Is there any other martial art competition you'd travel to see, or perhaps a martial art seminar from someone in particular or a style in particular? In other words, although you probably haven't heard this expression, what turns your crank?

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh I get pissed off too at the new rules that keep coming up to keep the competition safe, it is just one thing that we have to live thru. But I still go and watch to keep myself and my students updated and you can still make use of the old style/school power head kicks to win a competition, a win by knock out is still valid anyway, the trick is developing the strategy to be able to use it in WTF competitions. It is not the competition per se but your attitude towards it:)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could someone maybe video an event. Would love to see that native as possible. IE, at the event?

Latest Discussions