DF: Old footage of Chinese Kungfu Sifu's fighting?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Old footage of Chinese Kungfu Sifu's fighting?
By Bjjexpertise@be - 02-24-2009 11:42 AM
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

I stumbled across this video on youtube.
YouTube Video If you are able to see this message it means that you don't have flash installed or that the video server is down. It's in cantonese but all the announcer really says is that they're going to look at different portions of the fight from 3 different point of views and some other filler stuff. I'll comment back on my own thread later as for now, class time!

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't wanna criticize anyone from my easy chair, but still...those windmill hammer fists, or whatever, looked wimpy. No one really kept the off hand up to check, hence all manner of poorly thrown face shots landing. As X-S said, a poor display. OK for us to see and critique, I guess, but wouldn't want a student to see it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Don't wanna criticize anyone from my easy chair, but still...those windmill hammer fists, or whatever, looked wimpy. No one really kept the off hand up to check, hence all manner of poorly thrown face shots landing. As X-S said, a poor display. OK for us to see and critique, I guess, but wouldn't want a student to see it.

Actually my Sifu was there with his Sifu (Tung Ying Chieh). His Sifu is the guy you see at the very beginning doing taiji.

They both thought it was pathetic the audience was booing, yelling and throwing stuff before it was done and it was just plain bad.

It was billed much the same as the Forman Ali fights were billed and everyone was expecting a great fight and they got...well... not a great fight. Many in the CMA world in that area at the time did not even understand why the older Wu even fought at all and why the younger Wu did not take up the challenge.

It is just a plain bad fight that is all. no CMA just a slap fest

Latest Discussions