DF: Knife attacks do happen in real life

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Knife attacks do happen in real life
By JBolton - Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:16:24 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

I relate an incident that happened last Sunday night. . .

One of the members of our training group left a FMA seminar early and went home to prepare dinner with his girlfriend in the kitchen. His girlfriend, who was over visiting, heard a knock at the door and went to open it. Once she opened the deadbolt, the door came smashing in, throwing her back.

A big guy barges in, talking trash and saying he was going to "ki** the bastard" when he found him. Our guy immediately turned to see what was going on and already had a large kitchen knife in his hand since he had been chopping vegetables. The intruder started talking trash and said he was going to kick his a** and ki** him. He told the guy "you need to get the f*** out of my house". As the intruder kept talking trash, it became obvious that he was the soon-to-be ex-husband of his girlfriend.

Our guy did not engage in the trash talk, but again firmly told the intruder to get out of his house. The intruder saw our guy's knife and said, "I'm not scared of that" and proceeded to pull out a large Buck folder from his pocket. Our student took a deep breath and dropped into his ready stance and again told the attacker to leave and said, "You broke into my house and now you have pulled a knife on me, you better leave." (He also decided that if something was going to go down, he would start pulling out the knives from his butcher block and throwing them first). His girlfriend dialed 911 and told the intruder the police were on the way.

Our guy once again told the intruder "get out of my house." After a few more seconds, the intruder turned around and left.

The next day, the girlfriend and her lawyer were on the phone with the soon-to-be ex-husband, talking about the incident and talking about how it might affect their negotiated divorce settlement. He told her that he would like to stick with what was previously negotiated, what he did was stupid and to say "sorry" to our student for what he did.

The investigating officer said our student has up to 2 years to press charges, which he has decided not to pursue at this point.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - FMA Feed