DF: From Blades of Kali Came the Sticks of Kali

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
From Blades of Kali Came the Sticks of Kali
By MasterKaliSilat - 08-19-2008 04:05 AM
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

As always I work on a system approach to training, first with stick, then with blades. The systems we use are simple and effective once you complete the training, and re-create it like no other. The system breakdown, necessary footwork, and an array of training drills, are designed to give you all the answers, when you practice for the rest of your life. This program is not for you unless you train daily and/or plan to for the rest of your life.

Getting students is not easy, sharing the skills are, since you have countless drills in all of these arts and sciences, once learned then forgotten, they become the tools of survival, proven in WW2, Spanish American War, and the many Portuguese / Spanish invasions in the Philippine, these skills work because you start with the weapon, the real methods of training. When you train Kali, it becomes real, since you use real blades at some point, even the use of full weight blades, follows the premise, "Touch you cut you." principle.

The program doesn't make you an instructor, only you can do that by finding people to work with and sharing the system as it's laid out in Pekiti Tirsia, Lanka Empat among other well known systems such as Modern Arnis, Doce Pares, with thousands of systems and styles of these Philippine Arts and Sciences, as did my teachers when they started in the states back in 72. Although I'm told that Kali was around in the fifties, in Louisiana was the first Filipino in America.

Recently I was in the Philippines coordinating a series of programs near Manila at the University of the Philippines now scheduled for September 7th to 21st 2009. Find our for yourself why training in the country of origin is like no other training you get anywhere. Being, living and understanding is the key Every culture stressed practice in Japan, China, Thailand, etc., the Philippines historically was never conquered, the meaning of life is to survive, and that's the difference in these arts because we know the history, it has touched every part of the world now, the only way for you to really know is by training in the Philippines, like those Filipino having trained their whole life are different, very different, with a profound skill.

In Virginia Beach, I'll be conducting another intensive 5 day program this year with the intention of bringing you to the Philippines. Join us in celebrating our 7th year September 12 - 16th in Virginia Beach, VA. Having conducted this program over the years I've noticed that many martial artists in these and other cultural skills drop out of Kali so quickly that finding qualified instructors are near impossible, except for those chosen few, that practice every day, yes, every day, period! Train with us in the Philippines again in 2009, it's like no other experience you'll have for the rest of your life.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions