Demo Team

goodwrench_mc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My son is on the demo team for the school where we train in the adult program. I have been helping with set-up, video recording and the sound system. The team is entertainment only, strictly non-competition.

The team has grown from doing shows at small local events to doing shows at much larger events.

I am interested in hearing about any advise or comments about "Martial Arts Entertainment"

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Demo Team have there place in most Arts,th flashysuff is what most people want to see but I myself like the more pratial demo's. Like SD types stuff and pre-arranged kidnapping SD or how to defend against another child that is a bully.

Chip Townend folks puts on a great show, are youmore like that group.
Terry

OP
goodwrench_mc

goodwrench_mc

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Demo Team have there place in most Arts,th flashysuff is what most people want to see but I myself like the more pratial demo's. Like SD types stuff and pre-arranged kidnapping SD or how to defend against another child that is a bully.
Chip Townend folks puts on a great show, are youmore like that group.
Terry

I am not familiar with Chip Townend. The basic show is about 1/2 hour and is mostly group forms set to music, with a technique line, judo throws and my son and the other oldest kid doing weapons forms with music. It really draws a crowd, and lots of questions for the school owner after the show.

Latest Discussions