Delays at National Level with KKW Applications

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw this announcement (below) from Taekwondo Canada, saying that they are trying to speed up the processing of Kukkiwon applications. They say that it the past, Taekwondo Canada could take "months" to process the applications.

That is the key reason why at the last 2 clubs where I was a member, the KJN sent applications straight to "Korea" and did not follow the Taekwondo Canada's rule of having to go through them.

I thought you guys might find this interesting, even though few of you are in Canada.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kukkiwon Application Update

July 9, 2015

Over the last few years, processing Kukkiwons applications has been a major challenge for Taekwondo Canada. There have been times that there have been backlogs that have stretched out over months. Given the concerns with these delays, from not only the public, but also from the staff and the board, we have worked hard to implement a new system in which to ensure that these certificates get processed quicker to better serve our community.

Previously, we have had to ensure, before sending the Kukkiwon, that applicants were registered participants, belonged to a registered club with a registered head instructor, and were a member of a member organization. The validation of all of this, along with the verification of all the submitted documentation, has greatly delayed some of these certificates date of issue.

Today, under the new Registered Participant policy, Taekwondo Canada will only have to validate the individuals’ registration (the applicant & the recommender) – not the club, the instructor and the province’s affiliation. In addition, we will be processing these applications even if there are issues with registrations – so the individuals can rectify while their Kukkiwons are being processed, intending to reduce any delays.

We would request that you give us until the end of August to catch up, process not only what we currently have but also the additional applications we receive daily, while implementing a new system. It is our sincere hope to have this up to date long before the end of August, but we ask that you are patient until then to allow us to properly implement the new system internally.

Please be aware that we receive a large volume of emails each day – over 100 -, on various topics and we will endeavour to respond to each an every email within three business days. With emails in regards to Kukkiwons, please give us a bit of time to get everything completed

Please follow the link below to view the current Application Process for Kukkiwon submissions. Taekwondo Canada encourages all recommenders to read over the instructions before submitting Kukkiwon applications.

Taekwondo Canada s Kukkiwon Application Process Taekwondo Canada

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We know that for some of you this has been a long road, but please know we are doing everything in our power to correct this for now and the future.

The Taekwondo Canada Team

Metal

Green Belt
Reaction score
My delay between national and Kukkiwon Dan is 6 months. I guess it's due to the German Taekwondo Union first waiting for a large number of applicants to have taken their tests and then sending in over a thousand applications at once, twice per year, and get a good price on the Kukkiwon certifications.

And the delay may actually cause additional delay. So when I'll be able to take my 3rd National Dan I may not be entitled to take a Kukkiwon test yet.

OP
G

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good point that it also delays your earliest possible test date for the next dan.

I never heard though of a volume rate on KKW certifications. Isn't the price fixed regardless of quantity?

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never heard though of a volume rate on KKW certifications. Isn't the price fixed regardless of quantity?

No, they definitely aren't fixed. When you process a lot of them you get a reduced rate. As far as I know, major MNAs get them for about 50% of the price us regular people pay. I don't think I'll ever process enough to get a reduced rate. However, if I remember correctly, it's calculated on an annual basis, not per batch.

Latest Discussions