degree reguirements

E

elcajon555

I was just curious about other schools degree reguirments. Currently in my school with have to do 10 spinning wheels, 10 spinning hooks, 10 spinning crossing kicks per leg. High jump round houses over our heads, step on air spinning hook and crossing, 10 round houses head high with no drop, full slits, 50 pushups, that is all I can think of at the moment, those are the most important. Then there is board breaking using both speed and power and the form, which is kumgang(from first to second). What about you guys??

OP
G

Galvatron

For third dan I had to do both of the forms for my belt level, one step free spar, then Free spar (full contact) 3-on-1, two rounds. 3 fresh people for the 2nd round.
Then I had to do a board breaking routine of my choosing, and then a speed knife hand break through two red bricks.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
For 2nd Dan/WTF Taekwondo: in the order of the test: 200 rising kicks over head level, 20 forms continuous full power - TaeGeuk and traditional TKD, 15 ea leg jump spin heel and 360 jump back for 60 total. Then slow motion kicks to a slow count of 7 sec. with each kick held for 2 sec., 3 ea. front, round, side, spin side, spin heel as high as we could - head level. Self defense - 30 combinations Sparring, 1on 1, 1-2, 1 on 3, 5 min. matches with black belts full contact Breaking: Knife hand through 1 patio block (women) (2 for men), chambered side kick through 2 boards, drop spin heel (someone drops board), and choice of either double flying sidekick -two boards 1 head, 1 chest level, OR double front kick (instep strikes) waist level 2 boards held apart by one person OR Jump Back 2 boards and and immediate jump spin heel to one board held by 2 fingers in reverse direction (other leg) Then a paper read to the panel. I was 53, am now 54 and the last break is still not done, but still trying.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I had to do 50 guy's pushups too after the paper, forgot that.