Dear MT....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love you, I really do, I've been here a long time and it's now like a marriage, spats some days, lovefest others. I come here in between doing the housework which I hate...if I hoover the floor I promise myself I can spend 5 minutes with you, do the ironing I get ten. I've been here quite a bit since they announced the referendum date here though. I come to get away from the most vicious political campaigning this country has seen ( I've lived through 13 Prime Minsters now, one of them though was elected twice) the racism, the lies, the violence ( one MP dead, stabbed, shot, kicked and dragged across the ground) the threats and the sheer nastiness of the extreme right wing fanatics ( akin to the Nazis who many of them admire) so the relative calmness and everyday problems here are actually soothing especially since politics is banned here.
However for the past few days when I go to the 'new posts' page there are big banner adverts from the 'Leave' campaign ( the main haters here, it's a legitimate stance but one that the extreme right wing have jumped on) at the top of the page which disturb the peace that is MT ( if you don't think it's peaceful research the referendum campaigning). Some of the ads are racist in tone. I know I don't get all the ads and MT needs the revenue but please please not the political ones, my sanity, such as it was anyway, is fading away fast and if you think I'm grumpy now...........

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Isnt that just done by Google in response to what we do?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If it is they have got it very, very wrong in my case!

Could be worse I keep getting these don't mess with an old man who does jujitsu\boxing apparel.

I am not bloody old.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love you, I really do, I've been here a long time and it's now like a marriage, spats some days, lovefest others. I come here in between doing the housework which I hate...if I hoover the floor I promise myself I can spend 5 minutes with you, do the ironing I get ten. I've been here quite a bit since they announced the referendum date here though. I come to get away from the most vicious political campaigning this country has seen ( I've lived through 13 Prime Minsters now, one of them though was elected twice) the racism, the lies, the violence ( one MP dead, stabbed, shot, kicked and dragged across the ground) the threats and the sheer nastiness of the extreme right wing fanatics ( akin to the Nazis who many of them admire) so the relative calmness and everyday problems here are actually soothing especially since politics is banned here.
However for the past few days when I go to the 'new posts' page there are big banner adverts from the 'Leave' campaign ( the main haters here, it's a legitimate stance but one that the extreme right wing have jumped on) at the top of the page which disturb the peace that is MT ( if you don't think it's peaceful research the referendum campaigning). Some of the ads are racist in tone. I know I don't get all the ads and MT needs the revenue but please please not the political ones, my sanity, such as it was anyway, is fading away fast and if you think I'm grumpy now...........
Why are you taking this public? Do this privately with MT.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be worse I keep getting these don't mess with an old man who does jujitsu\boxing apparel.

I am not bloody old.

You have to laugh though also when a tongue in cheek post is taken to be a serious one.
I'm thinking that a post in this section should be self evidently an amusing one, no?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://adblockplus

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the ads are geographically based as much as anything. I'm currently getting an advertisement for home care for seniors in Lexington, Ky. They got my location right, but I'm not quite their target audience yet.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
"Vehicle finder" for me, and some alarming Amazon ads which display items I've recently viewed.

Regarding what is being referred to here as the brexit vote, it appears to have strongly divided Britain. I hope the violence ends with the vote, but expect that t may not. :(

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I agree. Very annoying in what is otherwise an Oasis of calm in a sea of political misinformation.

Latest Discussions