David Peterson's new book on Wong Shun Leung

OP
V

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just ignore guy b. And LFJ and let's continue with future discussions. This one died.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its been dead for a while imo

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not in the Qing Dynasty. Your concept of China is a little outdated.

---If you think those things only apply to the Qing Dynasty, then I would have to question your experience with and exposure to Traditional CMAs despite your past claim to be such an avid researcher.

lol, That was sarcasm, bud. Means I don't live in the China of 100+ years ago. People aren't crediting their innovations to deities anymore, or falsely claiming an ancestor taught what they made up themselves - except for the deceitful ones.

Major differences in strategy and tactics would come from concepts and principles not being clearly defined or understood. I don't believe they are just open to interpretation, and that every interpretation is equally valid.

---Then you need to look up the definition of "concept." Something not open to interpretation or variety in application would be more of a "law" than a "concept."

Not open to variety in application is your addition. Not what I said.

A concept is an abstract idea, but the thinking behind it can still be clearly explained so that people don't run off free to interpret it in whatever way they want.

It could manifest in many ways, but if we come away with contradictory strategies and tactics, then we obviously don't share the same thinking. The concept has not been understood by all.

Latest Discussions