Daedo Electronic Hogus

itsme123

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

With JO/NC coming in Texas in a little less then a week, I want to start a thread about Daedo Electronic Hogus. I want to put in discussion of how the system works so we can all provide some meaningful information to our athletes on how to score on this. I want to focus the discussion on more of the techincal aspect of the system such as threshold settings, if hogu size affect threshold settings, how are punches scored, and etc.

Thanks!

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
OP
I

itsme123

White Belt
Reaction score
I did find those threads but they were all basically discussing "how" to kick the hogu. They were not really in reference to the technical aspect of the system such as threshold numbers, settings of software and etc. Too many discussions on how to kick it, but not enough info on the settings and the inner workings of it.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you don't have the system then what's the point? Plus you won't set the system at tournaments, that is preset already. All you need to know is how to kick the hogu.

OP
I

itsme123

White Belt
Reaction score
I do have the system. I have seen many versions of the system and different versions of scoring screens in various tournaments and in house systems. I've also seen systems where the Daedo hogu seem to work with out a sensor sock. I just want to start a technical discussion of the system for anyone who might be interested.

OP
I

itsme123

White Belt
Reaction score
Also another point I like to bring up. The threshold number from what I gather is not the "same" scale across different divisions and or different sized hogus. I've heard that children's size hogus are more sensitive even if the threshold number is set the same as say on an adult size 4 hogu.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Again, all not a part of your controll at a tournament so what's the point. We have the system and practice making contact on the hogu. That is all we can contol. Whatever the tournament people set the hogus up at we can't control so why talk about that. That would be a discussion for tournament people. We just want to know how to kick it and score. Most don't have the system at all.

OP
I

itsme123

White Belt
Reaction score
Nevermind....sorry I've bothered everyone with my questions and inquiries.

leadleg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nevermind....sorry I've bothered everyone with my questions and inquiries.

Its just that they do not know the answers, never mind them and keep looking for your info. May be go to the daedo booth at natl's.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its just that they do not know the answers, never mind them and keep looking for your info. May be go to the daedo booth at natl's.
He or she did not ask any specific question. They asked for a discussion. If they wanted info all they had to do was put it in the form or a question. Then maybe they would have gotten an answer. Also if they would have looked through the threads that were listed the answer for the power thresholds were in there.