Cycling/Running Cardio Training - Post Your Trips

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello@all,

I thought to start an idea of mine even before becoming a member of this Forum I have been longing and planning to buy a GoPro Cam for recording my cycling cardio training trips at different locations around Melbourne Australia.

Till then, just using my phone photos will have to do, pray that I get a GoPro really, really hard LoL

Well this started when another guy I met online at another Forum who has a YouTube Channel talked about how he did this and records his cycling trips so I wanted to do the very same making recordings and watching them at home and sharing my trips with others so on.

So the intent is for anyone to post photos or videos as a solo rider/runner or in group trip events and share them with the Google Map location as well linked.

I do normally between 15 - 30k rides and today I decided to drive down to the beach taking my bike for a 30k ride along St.Kilda Melbourne I live 45mins away from the actual beach.

Google Maps Location:- Google Maps

It was to good to pass as today it was sunny and blue skies with light clouds, beautiful the kids are on school holidays they didn't want to come so dad took off into the sunshine :)

Here we go.................

Thats my awesome ride a TREK 800 Mountain Bike

gErm9OT.jpg

XypIDu2.jpg

9U5hMG2.jpg

This the Spirt of Tasmania ship that takes you to Tasmania from Melbourne port I got lucky it was in port today

CMI6LDO.jpg

Fc0XDVg.jpg

FV8xue1.jpg

EJQlyEB.jpg

8W9sCcv.jpg

cgOFFZ1.jpg

This is Luna Park Fun Park it use to be better when I was young it had the underground cave swans you sit in for the lovers and the honeymooners LoL

cCrnSyF.jpg

SRlcHv4.jpg

YWmbp5q.jpg

sURbY1a.jpg

After this shot below the fun ends and the hard work begins at a slow twisty 15 degree incline I think I did about 20kms or mid 20 all up not the full 30km.

zQivP7R.jpg

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posting my runs would be tremendously boring - I run the same routes over and over (always starting from home - there's only so many roads to choose from). And I'm slow. And the breathing would be distracting, especially on the hills, when it's punctuated by vulgar language directed at plate tectonics.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Posting my runs would be tremendously boring - I run the same routes over and over (always starting from home - there's only so many roads to choose from). And I'm slow. And the breathing would be distracting, especially on the hills, when it's punctuated by vulgar language directed at plate tectonics.

well yes, and Manchester is not as scenic as that. But here goes
WP_20170920_17_31_18_Pro.jpg

this is the canal that runs through the city centre
WP_20170819_18_30_44_Pro.jpg

this is the same canal a couple of miles away
WP_20170806_17_10_11_Pro.jpg

as is this

Attachments

• WP_20170903_17_40_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170903_17_40_24_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
WP_20170903_17_40_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20170703_16_02_30_Pro.jpg

this is a different canal i run down, with swans, there are seven babies, I've watched since they were hatchlings.
the other is some weirdness, of a living room next to the canal
WP_20170521_21_01_24_Pro.jpg

and this is the woods where i train, with my dog in shot

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 21041 View attachment 21042
this is a different canal i run down, with swans, there are seven babies, I've watched since they were hatchlings.
the other is some weirdness, of a living room next to the canalView attachment 21043
and this is the woods where i train, with my dog in shot
When I got to that second shot, I first saw the Motor World sign, then "What the hell????"

Oh, and tell him I said, "Good dog."

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello@all,

I thought to start an idea of mine even before becoming a member of this Forum I have been longing and planning to buy a GoPro Cam for recording my cycling cardio training trips at different locations around Melbourne Australia.

Till then, just using my phone photos will have to do, pray that I get a GoPro really, really hard LoL

Well this started when another guy I met online at another Forum who has a YouTube Channel talked about how he did this and records his cycling trips so I wanted to do the very same making recordings and watching them at home and sharing my trips with others so on.

So the intent is for anyone to post photos or videos as a solo rider/runner or in group trip events and share them with the Google Map location as well linked.

I do normally between 15 - 30k rides and today I decided to drive down to the beach taking my bike for a 30k ride along St.Kilda Melbourne I live 45mins away from the actual beach.

It was to good to pass as today it was sunny and blue skies with light clouds, beautiful the kids are on school holidays they didn't want to come so dad took off into the sunshine :)

gErm9OT.jpg

XypIDu2.jpg

9U5hMG2.jpg

This the Spirt of Tasmania ship that takes you to Tasmania from Melbourne port I got lucky it was in port today

CMI6LDO.jpg

Fc0XDVg.jpg

FV8xue1.jpg

EJQlyEB.jpg

8W9sCcv.jpg

cgOFFZ1.jpg

This is Luna Park Fun Park it use to be better when I was young it had the underground cave swans you sit in for the lovers and the honeymooners LoL

cCrnSyF.jpg

SRlcHv4.jpg

YWmbp5q.jpg

sURbY1a.jpg

After this shot below the fun ends and the hard work begins at a slow twisty 15 degree incline I think I did about 20kms or mid 20 all up not the full 30km.

zQivP7R.jpg

I lov
Hello@all,

gErm9OT.jpg

XypIDu2.jpg

9U5hMG2.jpg

CMI6LDO.jpg

Fc0XDVg.jpg

FV8xue1.jpg

EJQlyEB.jpg

8W9sCcv.jpg

cgOFFZ1.jpg

I love my bike too...
FB_IMG_1491340582205.jpg

Bit as others said I think it would be distracting. My "long" rides and runs only do so much for martial arts. It helps with the endurance I would need for doing forms slowly, or various drills but what really helps martial arts is when you work on your anaerobic system. Wind sprints, attacking climbs all out etc. The noises I am making then... Yeah, not pretty.