Customised Form

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Bro the 4th form is the dummy form!

Unsure who created it...

I also have a few customs! and lots of systemic classics

No. I'm talking about a "new" form that was created by one of the sons of Yip Man (I think).

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bro the 4th form is the dummy form!
Not always. In WSLVT circles it is common to start students on the Luk Dim Boon Gwan around the time of learning Chum Kiu.

No. I'm talking about a "new" form that was created by one of the sons of Yip Man (I think).
Interesting. I think I remember seeing this years ago. The MC is calling out the actions as they are doing them. The music is cranked to 11, but it sounds like he's basically saying that it's a conglomeration of forms.

As the guys are doing the Tui Ma Sueng Gaan Sau section of the Baat Jam Do, the MC also mentions that these actions are from the Baat Jam Do form, etc... So it appears to be a mix of actions found from throughout the system.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Not always. In WSLVT circles it is common to start students on the Luk Dim Boon Gwan around the time of learning Chum Kiu.

Interesting. I think I remember seeing this years ago. The MC is calling out the actions as they are doing them. The music is cranked to 11, but it sounds like he's basically saying that it's a conglomeration of forms.

As the guys are doing the Tui Ma Sueng Gaan Sau section of the Baat Jam Do, the MC also mentions that these actions are from the Baat Jam Do form, etc... So it appears to be a mix of actions found from throughout the system.

Yeah that was my take as well. It's almost like Yip Ching wanted to create something (anything) because he is a son of Yip Man. haha. Oh well. To each their own I guess. :)

OffendedOnyx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

The meat and potatoes....the sky being blue...the 4th form is the dummy form

you must have a different lineage...to some people that really matters

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
you must have a different lineage...to some people that really matters
I’m actually on this forum because of the different Wing Chun backgrounds. Nothing wrong with different interpretations IMO, that’s why I offered another perspective.

Sure, some people care about their lineage. Does your lineage matter to you?

hunschuld

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yip Ching created this 4th form purely for competition purposes nothing more. Back when he did it there were many kung fu competitions with wing chun divisions. Maybe there still are I have no interest in them and have no clue about them.

Because there are so many form variations among Yip Man students and of course non Yip Man wing chun the idea was that all competitors would be doing the same form and thus everyone was on a level playing field in the competition. It was not meant to be anything special or another form to add to the standard 6

Latest Discussions