Has anyone here...

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
...who studies Wing Chun has come up with their own form. Once I complete my WD form, maybe my weapons form I am thinking of combining some of the principles and movements into a form designed specifically for using 2-3 tools at once, has anyone else created a form detailing on a specific principle or applicationf their WC?

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
bcbernam777 said:
...who studies Wing Chun has come up with their own form. Once I complete my WD form, maybe my weapons form I am thinking of combining some of the principles and movements into a form designed specifically for using 2-3 tools at once, has anyone else created a form detailing on a specific principle or applicationf their WC?
Do you feel that the system is lacking in someway? In what way would you train 2-3 tools that isn't done already? Personally i feel the system is complete and adhere to the ideas of adding less not more.

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
years ago i remember reading an article by Augustine Fong. He started talking about how, after thoroughly studying the orthodox system. its an accepted thing that the student personalize it, make it his own, kind of let his personal preferences come through.

i've seen a couple of the tapes Master Fong made for Panther Productions, and at the end of one he just goes completely free form, moving spontaneously from one movement to another.

so putting together your own stuff, as long as your expressing wing chun principles, is part of the program.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
TaiChiTJ said:
years ago i remember reading an article by Augustine Fong. He started talking about how, after thoroughly studying the orthodox system. its an accepted thing that the student personalize it, make it his own, kind of let his personal preferences come through.

i've seen a couple of the tapes Master Fong made for Panther Productions, and at the end of one he just goes completely free form, moving spontaneously from one movement to another.

so putting together your own stuff, as long as your expressing wing chun principles, is part of the program.
That i agree with.

OP
bcbernam777

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
that ws kind of where I was going with it, I have yet to reach the art of artlessness:whip: